Heroes Rising - Chapter 8: We Will Win

3rd Person POV

A lot had happened in the past few hours.

Although the evacuations were successful, and Bakugo, Miku, Kirishima, and Kaminari were able to defeat Mummy... the others battling villains weren't so lucky.

The heroes at the beach—Todoroki, Sato, Sero, Tokoyami, Ojiro, and Iida—failed to defeat Chimera and he escaped. And on top of that, Midoriya ended up running into the leader of the group, Nine, who was after Katsuma's Quirk. Bakugo had shown up eventually thanks to Mahoro's distress illusion, but they had failed to defeat him and Slice had helped him get away, the two boys suffering major damage to their bodies.

The island was left a mess. On top of the service going down, there was a black-out across the entire island and multiple areas were aflame... leaving everyone stuck in the evacuation center.

With her arms full of batteries, Kyoka looked back and forth from Kaminari to her best friend, Yao-Momo, in deep concern. Yao-Momo was using her Creation Quirk to create supplies while Kaminari was charging up the batteries that Yao-Momo created, the same ones managing to keep the evacuation center's power on.

"You're using your powers way too much, you guys." "Because we have no idea when the villains will be back." Yao-Momo panted as she continued on creating supplies from her back. "If I don't charge these now, I won't get to." Kaminari added, before he had realized that his brain was already starting to fry.

In the main hallway, Ojiro, Kirishima, Aoyama, and Hagakure were busy handing out food to the civilians. Meanwhile, Iida had taken it upon himself to transfer boxes to the kitchen, and on his way there he passed the room where the civilians were sleeping for the night.

As he stood at the doorway, the mayor came up to him with his own boxes in hand. "What if the villains attack here next?" "There's no need to be concerned. If that happens, I promise we'll do our best to protect you." the class president reassured the mayor with a determined smile.

"It's a good thing there are so many vegetables on the island." Tsuyu said when she noticed Sero bring in a box of carrots into the kitchen. The frog hero was working alongside Mina, Koda, and three civilians to prepare the food.

"What did they do with the villain we captured?" Mina asked Sero as she chopped some carrots, who replied with a sigh, "Oh. He's chained up in the basement boiler room. But he refuses to talk. Hasn't said a word."

Ochaco slid open the doors to the room where the injured people were being treated, a purely concerned look on her face. "I brought food. How are Deku and Bakugo doing...?" Todoroki and Shoji turned around to look at her, Shoji busy with the clothes while Todoroki was helping with ice-related things. Everyone in the room, including the two boys, were on their knees since the room was a traditional-Japanese aesthetic, and they wanted to conform to their cultural etiquette.

"They haven't regained consciousness." Todoroki stated just before Shoji butted in, "Not yet." he specifically added, glancing up at a certain girl next to the unconscious sandy blond whom he felt bad for, "The doctors from the clinic are doing everything they can to heal them." That's when Ochaco now noticed her other classmates sitting around the two unconscious boys.

Miku sat on her knees just like everyone else next to Bakugo's left leg, gripping his baggy pants as she stared down at them with pure sorrow in her amethyst eyes, hoping with all her might for him and Midoriya to wake up. She sat to the male nurse's left.

Meanwhile, Vanessa sat up against the wall to Midoriya's right, her left leg brought to her chest and her right leg outstretched since it couldn't be bent due to its condition, meaning that she was the only one not on her knees.