Chapter 79: The Scoop on U.A. Class 1-A

3rd Person POV

It was the next day, Monday, and the start of a new week.

However, this start of a new week was one none of the students of Class 1-A would have expected.

"A newspaper?" All the students questioned, everyone gathered up as a group in front of Aizawa in their common room. "Yes." their teacher responded with his usual stoically-stern glare, "They wanna do a feature on your class for some reason."

"Isn't that amazing, Deku?!" Ochaco burst up to Midoriya, quite close to him too, causing the green haired blush to blush with a hum.

"That's kinda surprising, huh?" Kaminari grinned as he looked over to the girls and Kirishima, who stood next to Vanessa. "Uh, not really." The redhead responded calmly, his hands relaxing on the back of his neck. Miku grinned while leaning onto Vanessa's shoulder with her elbow, "Yeah, I mean, Kirishima's right. We are kind of famous, with the Sports Festival and all."

"We've gotta look super cute in case they wanna take our picture!" Toru jumped up and down in excitement. "For sure!" Mina clenched her hands to her chest with a big and bright smile, excited alongside her friend. Kyoka, who was behind them, smiled warmly, "I think you'll be just fine, Hagakure."

"That's enough." Aizawa suddenly cut all of his students off, and the class responded instantly in fear, "Yes, sir." "It's nothing too exciting. The article's about how you're settling in, adjusting to dorm life, that kinda thing. Principal Nezu thought it would be a good idea. This'll show your parents and guardians that you're happy here. Maybe set a few minds at rest. Understand...?"

Then, out of nowhere, Aizawa grabbed Mineta from the back of the crowd with his capturing weapon, "I expect you all to be on your best behavior today."

"Don't worry on my account, Aizawa." A random voice spoke from behind their teacher, making all the teens' heads dart to the stranger. He had slightly messy black hair with dull blue eyes and circular glasses.

"I wanna get a feel for what form life is really like, so there's no need for them to act any differently than normal." "I didn't say you could come in yet." Aizawa replied both sarcastically and sternly, as the man walked up closer to the class and pointed to his watch. "I was told I had from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. So, unless my watch is wrong..." Aizawa groaned a sigh as he now released Mineta from his weapon.

The man now walked up to stand beside Aizawa with a casual wave, "Hello, everyone, my name is Taneo Tokuda. I'm looking forward to learning more about you all." All the students bowed simultaneously while they replied, "Nice to meet you...!"

"Now... as I said, you don't need to do anything special. Just go about your day exactly as you normally would. The camera will do most of the work. I might ask an occasional question or two, and I hope you'll answer." Tokuda gave the students a large grin with his eyes closed, and Mina fangirled with her hands clenched into fists to the sides of her face, "Ah! He's got such a nice smile!" "Oh, c'mon, chill Mina." Miku playfully slapped her friend in her arm, causing Vanessa and Kirishima to giggle from the side.

"Principal Nezu has probably already spoken to you about this, but I wanna make sure you don't interfere in any way. No offense—" "I understand." Aizawa was quick to rush his hand up in response to the news reporter, wanting to end this as quickly as possible, "If you need anything, just let me know." "I'm sure I'm in very capable hands." Tokuda chuckled lightly as he returned his gaze to the teens, "This is Class 1-A after all. Every student here is a promising hero candidate."

At that moment, Aizawa turned to face the class representative, who stood at the front of the crowd, "Iida. If there's a problem, let me know immediately. Got it?" "Of course, sir!" Iida instantly replied, shoving his straight arms to his sides and standing up as straight as a pencil. "As class representative, I will carry out my duty to ensure the safety of all my fellow students, no matter wh—!" "That's great, thanks." Tokuda interrupted the poor boy, immediately putting a stop to his rambling fazes that could literally—and actually—go on for hours, and Iida's face went blank from embarrassment.