Chapter 86: Heroes Are𝗇̶'̶𝗍̶ Allowed to Cry

Vanessa Freitas' POV

A couple of days have now passed since we've learned the truth about what was really going on with that bullet that managed to affect me and Amajiki's Quirk Genes.

The Pros Heroes that had teamed up with Sir Nighteye were doing their best to pinpoint the location of Chisaki and where he was holding Eri. Until they could, we were on standby. And we were under strict orders not to say anything about our work studies. To anyone.

Miku, Eijiro, Ochaco, Tsu, Midoriya, and everyone who was there for the conference will be part of the operation to save Eri, and my spine gets tingly whenever I think about it. However, the times that actually pissed me off were when Bakugo would constantly question us about what we've been learning because he's falling behind—due to not having his provisional hero license—and is super pissed about it in classic Bakugo-fashion.

As of right now, I was standing in line at the cafeteria for Lunch Rush's food... when I felt a familiar freezing cold hand tap my shoulder. When I turned my head around, I had to look up because the person was much taller than me.

"Hello, my love. How are you doing?" Shoto gave me a warm smile that made my heart instantly flutter. He already had his food on a tray so I can only guess he just got it. I gave my boyfriend one of my cute smiles, "I'm alright. You?"

Shoto quietly chuckled for only us to hear. He moved his tray over to one hand so he could pat my head with the other. The hand eventually gracefully moved down the right side of my face and cupped my right cheek, the intense heat of his hand warming up my cheek, "I'm good." He removed his left hand from my cheek to then bring it up to his lips and kiss my knuckles before he let go of my hand.

He stood with me in line when I waited for my food. Once I got my food and we began leaving the line, he suddenly asked me a question, slight concern in his pretty eyes, "Would you mind coming to sit with Midoriya, Iida, and I this lunch? Midoriya hasn't been himself and since he's my friend, I want to help him the best I can. And since it's probably about the work studies, you would be able to understand him."

"Aww, look at you having friends!" I immediately teased him, glad that he knows he has friends. My dual haired boyfriend quickly blushed a faint pink at my tease and leaned over to kiss the top of my head, "So, would you mind?" "Of course not! I'd always love to help Midoriya out." I gave him a large smile, but he only frowned, "I'm sorry if I'm dragging you away from your friends. Especially Yui and Kirishima."

Aw, he feels bad for taking me away from the Bakusquad?! Ah, what a sweetheart! What did I do to deserve him?

"What— No! Hun, it's no problem!" I quickly rushed to say with a nervous smile, "Besides, I feel really bad because I rarely eat lunch with you at school!" "Well, you shouldn't feel bad." He calmly stated, before leading me in the direction of the table since I didn't know where the hell we were going.

"Anyways, how have you been with catching up with school? Are you doing alright?" Shoto questioned, and I could tell by his expression and tone that he was concerned for me. I nodded, "Oh yeah, I'm doing pretty well. Better than I expected on catching up. I even have time to help Miku with her math, since it's her worst but I'm a Queen at it." I playfully posed like a queen with a proud smirk. Shoto softly and adorably giggled from my childish actions. But, since that's how I am, you can't escape it if you know me.

Then, suddenly out of NOWHERE, Shoto got down on one knee, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ENTIRE CAFETERIA, and bowed his head with his food tray close to his chest. "My apologies for not bowing earlier when we first encountered, Your Majesty."

... Oh. My God.

Who knew he had this playful side to him not only in private, but in PUBLIC!?