Chapter 54: What Belongs to Who

3rd Person POV

The seven student Heroes continued to search Kanagawa Prefecture in Kamino Ward as they followed the target location on Yao-Momo's receiver. They walked in silence until they reached the location, the building seemingly looking abandoned.

Yao-Momo backed herself up against the wall, "Okay, this is the spot the tracker is broadcasting from." "So that's their hideout. Not a bad one, I guess." Kirishima stepped forward, shock on his face. "It could be the hideout, or it couldn't. It could just be a side base or something similar to that." Vanessa added, stepping only a tiny step forward so Todoroki's arm that had found its way back to her waist wouldn't fall. Kirishima didn't have the heart to tell the wig-wearing boy to put his arm back around her neck.

Yao-Momo thought to herself before speaking out loud, "According to the tracking history, the villain hasn't left this location for the past day. But that's all we know." The black haired girl now turned to the rest of her classmates, "One villain is hiding here, but that could be it. They might have Bakugo somewhere else."

Miku's widened eyes fell to the ground in sorrow, her hands folded together on her lap. Nevertheless, Yao-Momo continued, "We are going into this operation completely blind for the most part. Please try to proceed logically."

Iida's eyebrows were quick to narrow downwards in frustration, "I don't like this. Yui is the only one here who is good at sneaking around, but there's a high possibility she might be seen. We need Hagakure or Jiro here. If I think things are going to be the least bit dangerous... we're done. I won't hesitate to call the police, either. To make sure my friends are safe."

"Thank you, Iida." Midoriya responded, determination filling his eyes, "So, what can we do with what's in front of us? Let me see here..." The green-haired boy then placed a finger to his chin, completely and only focused on himself and the situation. And just like that, his mumbling faze began.

"Theprerequisiteisthatwedon'tuseourQuirkstofightthevillainsandontopofthatweneedtofigureout......"

... The rest of his mumbling only got quieter and quieter to the point where the group couldn't understand anything he was saying.

"It's been a while since I've seen him this weird." Kirishima said, a hand to his chin. "How very like you, Midoriya." Yao-Momo added in shock.

Vanessa sighed with a chuckle, punching Kirishima's shoulder playfully. "Ah, Vanessa! That didn't hurt, but hey!" "Let Midoriya be Midoriya." she motioned her thumb over to the lost-in-thought boy. "He's 'enjoying' himself right now."

~*~*~*~

A few minutes later, the group managed to get closer to the building, and they now stood cramped around a vending machine.

"We've gotten pretty close, but I haven't seen anything move inside." Yao-Momo spoke up, and Kirishima grunted, his hands angrily shoved into his pockets, "And not a single light is on. It doesn't look like anyone's home."

Todoroki turned to face the group, his arm still tightly wrapped around Vanessa's waist, "They're hiding this lair in plain sight. It looks like any other abandoned warehouse." "The weeds under the front door are thick and undisturbed. Shoto could be right. It doesn't look like anyone's been here to clean it up." Vanessa added in agreement, signaling over to the building with a head motion.

"There must be another way to get in." Midoriya thought out loud as he intensely stared at the building. "Maybe someone's Quirk is hiding it? We can't just enter carelessly. It could be a trap. If we could just see inside somehow—"

"Hey! You lookin' for real men, darlin's?" A random drunk man waltzed over to the group with his taller drunk buddy, addressing the girls.

"I'm good!" Miku and Yao-Momo screeched in disgust. The man then turned to Vanessa, even though it was clearly obvious she was dating Todoroki. "What about you, gangsta girl~?" The man smirked with a lazily slow wink, causing Vanessa to shiver in disgust. Fortunately, Todoroki was quick to remove his arm from her waist and step in front of his girlfriend, "Get lost. She's wi—"