Chapter 29: Expressing Desires

Shoto Todoroki's POV

As the hours went by after we left Yui's room and Bakugo walked off, the four of us have been keeping busy in our room... and the silence has been dreadful.

While Iida was teaching Midoriya how to play chess, Vanessa was snuggled up in her bed, watching YouTube videos. Meanwhile, I sat on my bed, reading a book online on my phone.

When 11:00 p.m. hit, I attempted to get some sleep, but found myself unable to. Instead, I looked over Vanessa's shoulder for an hour, watching the videos she was watching. Even though I could not hear the audio, it kept me entertained since the videos were video game related.

Then once midnight hit, Vanessa shut off her phone and discreetly plugged it in to charge before snuggling back up in her sheets... So I decided to stand up from my bed. I figured that I could wish her a goodnight.

Walking over to her without my slippers, ensuring my feet made no sound, I hovered over her... but she seemed to already be asleep.

... I couldn't help but smile.

For some odd reason, my eyes glanced down to her lips, just as they did earlier today. I felt my cheeks burn up, which was strange because my right cheek is usually cold.

Without a single thought in my exhausted brain, I leaned downward and pressed a gentle kiss against the bangs covering her forehead. And upon standing up, I quickly—but quietly—rushed back to my bed and instantly got under the covers.

I then heard Vanessa shift from her bed, and my entire body relaxed in relief. Moving the tips of my cold fingers to my lips, I stared at the wall in utter awe.

What an amazing feeling...

~*~*~*~

Katsuki Bakugo's POV

"Hey, Best Jeanist!" I rushed into the common area, the pro talking to the extra at the front desk. "Yes, Bakugo?" Best Jeanist slowly yet swiftly turned around to ask me. I crossed my arms, "I just got a message from an extra in my class that my friend has been stabbed in the stomach and was rushed into the emergency room. She's unconscious and I need permission to head to Hosu to visit her."

A muffed gasp left Jeanist from under his collar, Guess he wasn't expecting me to ask that. "Why do you want to visit her now? You will be able to see her once your internship here with me is complete."

WHAT?!

I growled and clenched my fists, my teeth grinding against one another, "Because she's different from anyone else I've ever met. She's not an extra like the rest of my shitty classmates. I don't want her to be afraid of me like I want everyone else to be. I want to... be there for her." I confessed to the pro, looking him straight in his eyes with no fear.

Best Jeanist closed his eyes and lowered his chin, thinking to his measly self for a few seconds before— "Well, if it's that case... then I'll allow it."

"Huh? Really?" I asked, completely surprised that he would allow my request. Jeanist locked his gaze with mine, "If this girl could help control your anger, then I'll allow it. You will leave at eleven tonight and will have two days off in Hosu. Now, it's time for a patrol. We're doing extra training today since you're permanently leaving. Let's go." Jeanist finished, walking towards the door to leave the building.

Who knew that being honest could get you what you wanted?! It's never happened with me before... especially with Deku.

~*~*~*~

That was two days ago. With me, I brought a suitcase with some spare clothes since I would be staying at a hotel overnight.

After I left the hospital yesterday, I got a text from McDrawer telling me to come at 3 p.m. today to confess. I decided to take this chance and changed into a nice pair of clothes. I wore a white jean jacket with brown buttons and a black inside. I also had on a light brown shirt along with blue jeans and my white running shoes.