Chapter 114: Reckless With My Life

Vanessa Freitas' POV

... Turns out my doctor gave me the good-to-go! So long as I don't overexert myself.

Since Fat Gum had actually ended up inviting me back to his agency after getting the news from my teachers that I was off my crutches, I felt really guilty for having to reject him. I apologized, saying how Endeavor wanted me at his agency with his son, who I explained was my boyfriend, and he didn't seem to have a problem with it at all...! In fact, he reassured me there were no hard feelings because he understood my situation, and actually wished me good luck with a massive smile!

He's so nice! I'm gonna miss seeing him, to be honest...

Fat Gum also reassured me that he contracted Tetsutetsu, so it's good to know that I won't be making things too hard for him there with one less person, since my spot was filled.

Shoto, Midoriya, Bakugo, and I walked off the train, our hero costume briefcases in hand and our school uniforms on. Midoriya and I also had on our backpacks while Shoto had his side book bag wrapped over his torso and Bakugo had his flung over his shoulder.

Midoriya had on a blue, red, and yellow striped All Might scarf, I had an emerald scarf, and Bakugo wore a light purple scarf given to him by Miku. She insisted he'd wear it before she left for Ryukyu's agency with Ochaco and Tsuyu, and I know Bakugo doesn't have the guts to say no to her.

The four of us turned in Endeavor's direction to find him towering over us from a good 3-4 meter distance. He wore a black turtleneck sweater shirt underneath an unbuttoned light brown fall jacket, light blue jeans, and black ankle high boots. He also held a black briefcase in his right hand.

"Welcome to the Endeavor offices." My boyfriend's father grinned happily, so happy that it looked fake.

... And I was right because his eyebrows furrowed and he scowled at us with gritted teeth, "Is that the warm reception you were hoping for? Sorry, but I'm not in that kind of mood."

You're never in a good mood... I sighed internally, eyeing Shoto in the process. He stared at his father with no emotion on his cute face.

"I reluctantly gave my permission because Shoto asked me, but I wanted only Shoto and Vanessa to come!" Oh my God... I groaned internally as I simultaneously looked away from the number one Pro Hero.

"But you did give your permission. So stop complaining." Shoto replied stoic yet sternly. "Sh-Shoto!!" Endeavor gasped dramatically, while simultaneously becoming even more angry. I let out a small giggle with my clenched fist to my lips, since I couldn't help it. Shoto glanced over at me and gave me the softest smile, which I returned.

"I've been thinkin' about this since the license class, but..." Bakugo suddenly spoke up with an annoyed glare, "You're a hard-ass."

OH MY GOD—!! I couldn't take it anymore and just laughed under my hand shoved to my mouth, meanwhile Endeavor deathly glared at his son. "Shoto!! Are you truly friends with this boy?!" He snapped at him while I calmed my chuckles.

"But, if it means I can watch the top Hero at work, I'll put up with it." Bakugo ultimately added, as if he was weighing which outcome was worse on a scale. "I thought I told you to choose your friends carefully!" Endeavor snapped at my boyfriend again.

"Thank you for accepting us!" Midoriya butted in with a look full of determination, "I'll learn all I can!" He exclaimed as Endeavor started walking off and we followed behind him.

"You said 'Shoto isn't me'... if I recall." Endeavor suddenly said, which seemed to shock Midoriya... and it also shocked me because a quick, soft gasp escaped my lips as my eyes shot open. When did THIS happen—?!?!