Chapter 28: A Bunch of Idiots

Vanessa Freitas' POV

Not too long after Stain was taken in by the authorities, we were taken to the Hosu General Hospital. Miku was rushed into the emergency room while Shoto, Iida, Midoriya, and I got treated in our own room. We each had our own separate beds and as soon as I was bandaged up, I took a nap alongside Midoriya.

~*~*~*~

My eyes blinked a few times, and soon I found my vision blinded by the bright hospital light. I slowly sat up and grabbed my phone off the table next to my bed, checking the time...

So I was asleep for two hours... I concluded just as my heart jumped when I heard Shoto's calm voice ring throughout the room. Darting my head around, I discovered that the dual haired boy was speaking to Midoriya.

"Did you sleep, Midoriya?" "No, not really." Midoriya shook his head, and Shoto nodded. "I figured. Me neither. How about you, Vanessa?" His gaze then turned to me, and I felt my heart skip a beat when his turquoise and grey eyes met mine.

"N-Not really. I had a nightmare... like usual." I replied anxiously, looking down at the bandages wrapped around my arms. However, in my peripherals, I noticed Shoto's eyes widen for a split second. "Would you like to talk about it?" "No, it's okay." I smiled with a firm shake of my head, before thanking the dual haired boy.

"Thinking about that fight now... we did something pretty amazing." Midoriya praised all of us, including himself, with an awkward yet super sweet smile. "Yeah, I agree." Shoto replied, his gaze turning back to the green-head. "After everything that happened back there, it kinda feels like a miracle we're even alive. Especially Yui. With my leg messed up, I was an easy target. He probably could've killed me if he really wanted to." Midoriya added, and I looked away from the boys, not wanting them to see my upset expression. If only I wasn't so fucking weak...

"Yeah. Seems to me he let us all live on purpose. I'm impressed by you though, Iida. He was actually trying to murder you, but you stood tall." Shoto said, looking down at his bandaged left arm then up at Iida. The navy haired boy gasped through his teeth, "That's not true. I was—"

Suddenly, the door to their room opened, and there stood Gran Torino, Edgeshot, and pro hero, Manual. "Oh, so the injured youngins are awake." Gran Torino stated and Midoriya exclaimed the old man's presence, excited to see him. "And Manual, too." Iida added. "Edgeshot..." I added, my voice trailing off in utter humiliation.

"Idiot. I could yell at you for hours right now." Gran Torino scolded Midoriya as he walked up to the teen. "Yeah. I'm sorry." Midoriya apologized, looking quite nervous. "But before I do, you've got a visitor." Gran Torino finished, looking towards the door along with everyone else in the room.

Midoriya and I gasped as Gran Torino introduced the man before them, "This is Hosu's chief of the police. Kenji Tsuragamae."

Shoto, Iida, and I stood up from our beds and Midoriya slowly followed. However, before the green-head could stand up, the chief spoke up. "No, please, stay seated, woof." the chief replied. Woof?!

"So, you're the UA students who brought down the Hero Killer, huh?" Tsuragamae rhetorically asked. "We are." Shoto answered, and I could tell he was concerned by the stern look in his eyes.

"Stain has some serious injuries. Severe burns and several broken bones. Right now he's in the hospital under strict guard, woof. Here's a lesson you should have already learned. When Quirks became the norm, the police force sought to maintain the status quo. They decided we wouldn't use Quirks as weapons. That's when heroes came in. They could do what we couldn't, if they were licensed, of course, woof. It would be impossible for the police to condone the use of deadly Quirks. After all, we're here to stop such harm from being done. The only reason Pros can use their powers now is because of the strict code of ethics that the early Heroes chose to abide by. That's why it's against the law for uncertified people to use their Quirks to cause injury. Whether you were up against the Hero Killer or not, none of you had the authority to harm the villain. That means the five of you, and your supervisors Endeavor, Edgeshot, Manual, and Gran Torino, should receive harsh punishments for this gross abuse of your powers." Tsuragamae told the students, acting more serious than his appearance.