Chapter 122: Blue Butterfly

3rd Person POV

Midoriya looked at his childhood best friend in complete and utter shock. Bakugo coughed up blood with a scoff, "Stop trying... to win this... on your own!"

The thick, red and black wires that skewered Bakugo had now snapped, and he began to feel his consciousness fade. "Ka—" Midoriya gasped in terror. However before Bakugo could near the ground, Todoroki swooped in, his fire keeping him afloat, and grabbed the sandy blond by his baggy pants, all the while he held onto his father by the arm.

"My..." Shigaraki muttered, trying to regain himself, "This battle... today... so much blood spilled, for no good reason... The last bit being the most pointless at all." He sent out his wires at Midoriya, who glared at him in what only others could describe as pure hatred.

"TAKE IT BACK!!!" Midoriya roared as he lunged at him and the wires. Regardless, Shigaraki managed to grab Midoriya's face, causing Todoroki to scream out for his friend in terror.

Shigaraki's burned body grinned madly, "Finally got ahold of you. One for All is mine..." Midoriya's face filled with indescribable horror and worry, however he was saved by his successors.

"Katsuki..." Todoroki breathed out a sharp gasp when he heard Miku's shaky voice speak up from behind him. He quickly looked around to find the grey-purple haired girl putting pressure on Bakugo's wounds with her own palms, while a panicked Vanessa rushed to find the bandages.

Miku's palms were stained with her lover's blood. She moved her right hand up to caress his left cheek, his cheek now stained with his own blood alongside his open mouth, blood dripping from his lower lip. She began to feel her eyelids fall, and soon enough, she rested her head on his chest... and fell unconscious from her limits finally showing their consequences. And Bakugo, who was half-awake the entire time, slowly lifted his right hand... and gripped the back of her head tightly.

A bright, yellow blast similar to an explosion appeared where Midoriya and Shigaraki were, causing the two boys to fall back. Midoriya was extremely worried if he stole One for All, so he prayed and prayed that he lost consciousness before the possible transfer could happen.

Todoroki quickly swooped in and caught Midoriya before he could crash against the hard ground, and he placed him down next to his father and Bakugo. "Oh my God, they're okay!!" Vanessa sighed in relief after she double checked Midoriya, Bakugo, and Miku's pulses. The sandy blond was also starting to fall unconscious, barely hanging in there.

"You're gonna be okay, guys...!!" Vanessa reassured them as she pulled out her drawing board. She knew already that her Quirk accepted Midoriya and Bakugo as close bonds after what Midoriya had told her during her unconscious state when she faced Nine. "Hang in there while Vanessa and I administer first aid..." Todoroki told them, but he drifted off when the two heard a rumble from behind.

They quickly looked over their shoulder and gasped at the scene before them. Shigaraki was airborne, using many wires as stilts. The couple's eyes shot open in panic. The super villain grinned madly at them and just as Vanessa shot up, about to erase her medication drinks, Nejire and Iida swooped in. Nejire used her Quirk on Shigaraki while Iida ran to stand beside Todoroki and Vanessa.

"Everyone! A gigantic villain is making his way here! We've informed the heroes fighting the Nomu over there!" Iida informed the couple, which shocked them immensely, even more horror coursing through their veins.

"Get Midoriya and the others out of here!" Todoroki ordered Iida desperately yet sternly. "And make sure they don't lose too much blood in the process!" Vanessa added in a panic. "Now I can see why you all didn't return promptly!" Iida stated.