Heroes Rising - Chapter 9: The Frontlines

3rd Person POV

As the sun rose and shone upon Nabu Island, Vanessa, Shoji, Kyoka, and Ojiro stood at the castle ruins, ready to guard Katsuma and Mahoro, who refused to leave her little brother's side.

Shoji watched the villains with his dupli-arms' eyes while Vanessa looked through a pair of binoculars that she drew. Kyoka listened for their footsteps by plugging her Earphone Jack into the ground. Midoriya stood in front of them all, awaiting for Nine's arrival so he could face him once more.

Vanessa suddenly gasped when she spotted the three villains walking down the sandy path and quickly turned to Midoriya, "Midoriya—! All three villains are here! And they're advancing along the planned route."

As the villains advanced onto the small piece of land, Yao-Momo counted her and Aoyama down. When she reached one, Aoyama fired a giant blast of Navel Laser from his stomach at the villains, but Nine blocked his entire attack with his giant yellow disk shield. Meanwhile, Chimera and Slice ran off in opposite directions to avoid the blasts and explosions from the lasers from Aoyama's arms and kneecaps.

They had successfully managed to separate the villains.

Yao-Momo tore the camo sheets off the two cannons that she created with the last of her lipids and fired at the ground where Slice and Chimera were, sending Slice falling into an underground cave and forcing Chimera to flee off into the mountainside. "Phase one... is complete..." Yao-Momo mumbled as she doubled over, panting heavily while Aoyama fell to the ground in pain.

"It worked. They're all split up." Vanessa stated, gritting her teeth. "It sounds like they're getting the villains in place alright." Kyoka added, her Earphone Jack still listening through the ground. Midoriya nodded, everything going according to plan so far.

Nine stepped through the fog and walked along the path towards them, completely unharmed. He glanced to his right to find Sero running in with a massive pile of large boulders—over 100 of them—attached to his tape. From the bushes, Ochaco released her Zero Gravity on the boulders and they came crashing down at Nine. He stopped them with purple beams from his fingers, destroying them to bits and pieces.

"Move it!" Sero told Ochaco behind him as he made sure the chunks from the rocks didn't hurt them with his tape, and she ran off. She used her Quirk on even bigger boulders nearby and called for Sero, who quickly latched his tape onto them and threw them at Nine once again.

According to Midoriya... it didn't matter if they hurt Nine. All they needed to do was wear his Quirks out to the point where he couldn't move a muscle and collapsed on the floor.

Nine once again summoned the purple beams from his fingers, shooting at the hundreds of rocks coming his way as he continued on walking forward.

"Damn it... We can't even slow him down...!" Sero tsked, making Ochaco grunt as she deactivated her Quirk, "Let's try this, then...!"

The rocks above Nine that he had shot into the air regained gravity once again and came piling down onto him. Ochaco doubled over, holding in her vomit. However, he used his yellow shield and purple beams to destroy all the rocks and send them flying back at the two. A rock hit Sero right in the face of his glass helmet, and Ochaco landed on the ground, her helmet falling off.

"Hanta!" Vanessa shrieked with a hand over her mouth. She felt tears start to form in her eyes, worried if her close friend was okay. However, the Sero she knew was way tougher than that, and she was right. He quickly got up and grabbed Ochaco with his tape before Nine could hit them with his beams. Half of his helmet was shattered, but he was okay.

"Almost time for our main attack...!" "Yeah, right..." Ochaco replied while Sero yelled over to his classmate. "Yui!" "The girl's ready, all right!" Mineta screamed back with a thumbs-up.