Heroes Rising - Chapter 1: Help on Nabu Island

3rd Person POV

While Endeavor was healing in the hospital bed from his huge battle, Class 1-A was currently on their way to Nabu Island. The island's heroes had officially retired two days ago and the new heroes would be arriving in the next two weeks. In order to protect and support the island, Class 1-A of U.A. High School would be taking on their own hero agency there for the next two weeks for a very important hands-on project.

Todoroki and Bakugo did not have their hero licenses. However, Aizawa and Nezu signed a contract with the Japanese police to allow the two boys to participate in hero work for their time on Nabu Island. And when the project is over, their temporary licenses will expire.

Fortunately for Vanessa, she is allowed to participate in hero work, but it must be safe enough for her and she must always be with someone. She had decided that during her hero work, she will create a jetpack to hover one inch above the ground.

~One month ago~

Aizawa stood in front of the classroom, his students watching and listening, "The hero work recommendation project." A map of Nabu Island now appeared on the board, "You'll be stationed here, on Nabu Island in southern Japan. Seems their previous hero residents got old and retired, and the new hero residents will be arriving in two weeks. So, the people of Nabu Island will have to depend on you until their permanent successors arrive."

The class immediately burst into loud cheers, everyone now chatting about how excited they were. This went on for about a minute until Aizawa threateningly silenced everyone, "I wasn't done talking yet, quiet down!"

"While you're there, you'll be completely on your own. No teachers to help you or pros to back you up. You're responsible for everything that happens, good or bad. Keep that in mind, and behave as heroes should at all times. Understood?" "Yes, sir!" his students eagerly replied.

~Present time~

Class 1-A was currently traveling on the large boat to Nabu Island, and they all wore their school uniforms. It was about an hour ride by boat from the dock in mainland Japan to Nabu Island, so the teens had some time to kill before their project officially began.

On the roof floor of the boat stood Vanessa, her crutches laid on the ground while she leaned onto the railing. Her arms hung off the edge, her elbows resting on the railing as she balanced on her left foot.

A soft smile filled her lips. At this point, the class had already been on the boat for around 25 minutes. As she listened to her music, she enjoyed the view of the ocean and the refreshing breeze of air blowing her hair.

Walking up the steps to the roof floor, Miku smiled when she saw her best friend. She noticed she had her Airpods in and decided to stroll up to her. And when she leaned onto the railing next to the brunette—

"AHHH—!! Oh good, it's just you, Miku." Vanessa clutched her chest in relief, having been startled immensely by her bestie's sudden appearance. "I'm sorry that I scared you...!" Miku quickly apologized, but Vanessa brushed it off, "It's fine, bro." "You sure?" Vanessa nodded with a hum in return, calming Miku's worries.

Turning her music back on, Vanessa enjoyed the view and breeze alongside her best friend for a little while...

... until an obnoxious scream filled their ears, louder than the music in the brunette's ears.

"MIKU, GET DOWN HERE!!"

Miku snickered, while Vanessa stared at the ocean with a deadpan expression. "I gotta go. Katsuki wants me for some reason." the purple-grey haired girl said as she stretched her arms.