Chapter 49: Weak

Vanessa Freitas' POV

Mr. Vlad King was able to call emergency services. Not too long after the villains left, ambulances and firefighters arrived. Of the 42 students, 15 were unconscious, and in serious condition due to the gas. Eleven others were injured. Fifteen—including myself—were unharmed, physically.

And... one of us was missing... Bakugo.

The villains had taken him.

One of the six pro heroes, Pixie-Bob, was in serious condition because of a blow to the head. One, Ragdoll, was missing, but it was apparent that she'd lost a lot of blood.

However, on the villains' side, three were caught and arrested. The other attackers managed to disappear without a trace thanks to that stupid warp villain.

It was now past sunrise, and my class had finally arrived to U.A., all of us dressed in our school uniforms. The bus ride was extremely quiet. I spent the entire ride hugging the hell out of Miku, who looked as empty as a dried-up quill.

Once the bus stopped, I stepped out of the bus alongside Miku and Eijiro—who I was also comforting since he considered Bakugo a good friend of his. I grabbed my luggage as I waved goodbye to my friends... before I felt a familiar cold hand on my shoulder.

I slowly turned around to meet my boyfriend, who was staring down at me with concern in his eyes. "Vanessa? Are you alright? You look sad." I could hear the concern in his voice as well, and I guessed that Shoto only noticed now since we didn't sit together on the bus. I glanced away from him, "Kinda... I just... I don't wanna talk about it..." Shoto frowned, but his eyes quickly lit up with an idea.

"How about you stay over at my place tonight? Then we can talk about it." A soft gasp left my lips, but I nodded with a small smile. "I'd love that." "Great."

~*~*~*~

After waiting for a while side-by-side, Shoto's older sister, Fuyumi, came to pick us up. She stepped out of the car and when her eyes met mine, her face lit up with a sparkling smile.

"Oh, hey Vanessa! Are you coming with us?" she brought me into a bear hug, causing me to softly smile within her embrace. I love Shoto's sister. She's the spark of positivity that I need right now. "Hmm." I hummed a response as I returned the hug, and she giggled cutely. "Awesome! Now let's get your stuff in the car."

Once we released our embrace, Fuyumi opened the truck and Shoto and I put our suitcases in. While Fuyumi stepped into the driver's seat, Shoto and I sat beside each other in the back of the car. He wrapped his arm over my clavicles, his hand resting on my outer shoulder, and I allowed myself to snuggle into his arms for comfort while Fuyumi drove.

"Must've been hard. With the villains and all." His sister suddenly said, and I felt myself freeze at her statement. I could tell that Shoto noticed because I felt his posture stiffened, "Fuyumi, please don't talk about it. It's hard for us. Especially Vanessa."

I felt a tear roll down my cheek, but the warmth of Shoto's left hand was quick to wipe it away. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" Fuyumi panicked, guilt present in her tone. "It's okay..." I muttered, leaving the rest of the car ride dead silent. Just like the bus ride back to U.A.

~*~*~*~

We arrived at the Todoroki mansion quickly which was a relief. I just wanted to lock Shoto and I in his room. Alone from this cruel world we live in.

I stepped out of the car, the Todoroki's following. Fuyumi helped us carry our luggage inside to Shoto's room. And once we were finished, Fuyumi bid us goodnight, which we returned. Misty was asleep in her bed, so I couldn't give her any hugs, which really sucked.