Chapter 17: Beautiful Flames

Vanessa Freitas' POV

Next up was Todoroki and Midoriya, and to be honest I couldn't be more nervous. I know Todoroki is super powerful, but I was still scared for him because Midoriya can be, uh, what's the world... recklessly powerful.

"The first match of the second round is starting! At this year's sports festival, both have shown top class performances! Midoriya! Versus... Todoroki! It's like two rivals fighting against each other! Now... start!"

As soon as Present Mic told the two to begin, Todoroki used his right foot to summon a bunch of ice to attack Midoriya. However, as soon as the ice had reached him, Midoriya flicked his finger and destroyed all the ice from hitting him. The pressure of the counter attack came out as a frozen wind. The cold wind spun around the entire arena and Todoroki made a wall of ice behind him so he wouldn't fly out of bounds.

"Wow! Midoriya stopped Todoroki's attack!" Present Mic yelled, but history repeated itself. Todoroki sent another wave of ice and Midoriya flicked another finger to destroy it. "He stopped it again! This happened again which destroyed yet another one of Midoriya's fingers.

Out of nowhere, Eijiro ran up to our class. "Ah, man— It started?!" he asked, beginning to panic about how much he possibly missed. "Yep, that's what happens when you need to use the bathroom!" I laughed and smirked, crossing my arms playfully. "Oh, c'mon Vanessa, stop teasing me!" he lightly punched my shoulder and we both laughed.

"Hey Bakugo, I'll be up against you next. Let's both do our best!" "I'll kill you." Bakugo replied sternly, not even bothering to look away from the battle. Eijiro laughed and put his hands on his hips, "I'd like to see you try!"

I lightly elbowed Miku because she was staring at Bakugo... and I think it was noticeable to not just myself, "Aw, has Bakugo gone soft on little Kiri?" "WHAT?! Shut up, McDrawer!" Bakugo instantly snapped, just like I had expected. I burst into laughter and so did the rest of the Bakusquad. We sat back down and continued to watch the fight.

Todoroki continued to send waves of ice at Midoriya, who kept shattering them with each of his fingers. Todoroki then made a slab of ice to run up towards Midoriya, and I shot out of my seat eagerly despite my injured leg.

"Todoroki doesn't recoil from Midoriya's power and gets in close!" Present Mic yelled. Midoriya shattered the ice slab with one of his injured fingers from his earlier fight with Shinso. This made Todoroki jump off his now broken ice platform. He put his right fist down on the ground and ice shards came out from his hand. Midoriya avoided the attack, but Todoroki shot ice at Midoriya's feet and trapped him. And as Todoroki made a wall of ice around Midoriya, he smashed the ice with his fist.

After the huge gust of wind from the impact cleared, Todoroki was near the end of the battle arena with the ice wall protecting him from behind. Todoroki moved a big piece of ice in front of him and stood up to look at Midoriya. The green haired boy had injured his left arm and was panting from the pain. Todoroki sent an ice attack at Midoriya like he did in the beginning.

"Todoroki keeps attacking with overwhelming power! Here comes the finishing attack!" Present Mic yelled, and I thought that Todoroki would win right now... but his ice was shattered. A sharp gasp left my lips just as I covered my mouth, How is this possible? Midoriya injured both of arms! He can't fight! ... Right?!

Todoroki was suddenly sent flying back to the stadium and I shrieked under my hands, "No!" Todoroki's gaze darted toward me before he quickly made another ice wall just as he was going to be sent out of bounds.

I looked at the scene before me and sighed in relief, allowing my hands to fall from my mouth. He had really scared me there.

It turned out that Midoriya had now injured one of his fingers even more. That's how he's still in this...!