Chapter 45: Test of Courage

3rd Person POV

Everyone had just finished eating dinner, and it was now time for the Test of Courage. It was pitch black outside as the four Pussycats stood in front of the group of students.

"Perfect. We've filled our bellies and cleaned the dishes! It's time foooor...!" Pixie-Bob eagerly exclaimed, hands on her hips. "A totally awesome test of courage!" Mina cheered, her fists pumped to the sky. "We're gonna win!" Kirishima, Sero, and Kaminari added, doing the same.

"Not so fast," Aizawa stopped the five remedial students, causing them to flinch. "It pains me to say it, but the remedial class will be having lessons with me tonight instead."

Mina eyes went wide, screaming to the heavens, "YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING MEEEEE!!" "Sorry," Aizawa grabbed the five with his capturing weapon, the teens wrapped in the bandages, "You're training during the day didn't impress me so I'll be using this time too." As Aizawa dragged them off, and Class A watched, they all felt pity for the five. "Aw, give me a break!" Kaminari and Sero whined. "I just wanna prove my courage!" Kirishima and Sato complained in a whine as well.

Pixie-Bob was quick to explain the rules, Class B being the scarers first. "The winners are the creative students who make the most people piss their pants!" Tiger pointed out, and the class was flat-out disgusted. "Did we need that visual?" Kyoka rhetorically asked.

"I see..." Iida thought aloud, his class-dad informing phase active once again, "They're encouraging us to stoke our imagination as we compete with each other all while showing us more uses for our Quirks in the process...! As expected of U.A.!"

Pixie-Bob held her paw to the sky, showing off the random number-tags she held in said paw, "All right! Everyone draw to see who your partner will be!"

Miku and Vanessa were one of the first students to draw from the pile, and when they both ended up getting the number 3...

... Vanessa turned to her best friend with a frustrated smirk, her thick eyebrows furrowed, and her eyes glaring bullets into her soul.

"Mikuuuu..." Vanessa sternly spat like a mother angry at their child, and the tall girl was already starting to sweat profusely. "Did you rig the draw—" "By stopping time around everyone here thanks to my training here at camp and switching yours out with Iida's no what POSSIBLY gave you that idea?!" Miku hushed her reply very quickly, chuckling nervously at the end.

... Anyway, these were the teams:
1. Shoji and Tokoyami
2. Bakugo and Todoroki
3. Miku and Vanessa
4. Kyoka and Hagakure
5. Yao-Momo and Aoyama
6. Ochaco and Tsu
7. Ojiro and Mineta
8. Iida and Koda
9. Midoriya...

The poor cinnamon roll was freaking out on the sidelines, since he was the only person all alone in the test.

"Hehe, don't worry, Midoriya! We were chosen at random!" Vanessa sweetly reassured Midoriya from afar... though her eyes told a different story. Despite her facing Midoriya, she glared bullets at her best friend in the corner of her eye, and Miku shivered at the stare, shrieking under her breath.

With a glare of pure rage, Bakugo appeared behind Vanessa. He gripped her shoulder tightly, "Listen up, McDrawer. Trade with me!" He pointed backwards at Todoroki with his thumb, who looked like he couldn't care less.

Vanessa glanced over to her best friend, and both of them had crazed smirks on their faces.... They knew what each other was thinking.

"Actually, Bakubro..." Vanessa tauntingly spoke up with Kirishima's nickname for the hothead, and Miku gladly continued the short girl's sentence, "This is how you'll both learn to get along. Since you guys can barely get along, like how you couldn't stand each other on our double date..." "... this is how you'll learn to get along." Vanessa finished and held out her hand, Miku giving her bestie a low high-five.

"WHAT?!" "But, Vanessa—" The girls brushed off their boyfriends' complaints and simultaneously kissed their respective boyfriend's cheeks. "Love ya, Kit-Kat." "Love you, Sho."

The two girls walked off with massive giggles, excited and relieved that their boyfriends would learn how to get along. Maybe...

... Ok— That was a BIG maybe, but they held out hope...

... Some hope.

Very little.

~*~*~*~

Five minutes after Todoroki and Bakugo went into the forest, it was Vanessa and Miku's turn.

"Next team! That's you two kittens! Timey and Ms. Drawer!" Pixie-Bob let them into the forest, the two girls very nervous. "I get scared very easily. This won't go well..." Vanessa confessed the already true fact, and Miku took her hand in her own, gripping it tight. "Then we'll get through this together, girl."

~*~*~*~

Yes, if it wasn't obvious, Miku rigged the draw with Time Stop. Iida had pulled Miku's name and Vanessa had pulled Koda's name. She was able to do this due to her Quirk training over the days at camp.