Chapter 1: Instant Click

Miku Yui's POV

As the bell rang for the final period to be over, I did a silent cheer that the school week was FINALLY over! I packed up my stuff and headed to my locker when I heard my phone give off a tiny buzz. As soon as I put my stuff in my bag, I checked my phone to see who the text was from. Not to my surprise, it was my best friend Vanessa.

Vanessa and I have been best friends for two years now. We actually met online and for the past two years have been talking to each other almost every day. Her and her family live in a town near Toronto, Canada so timezones have always been an issue for us, but we made it work; It helped that she spoke fluent Japanese.

She had just arrived in Japan yesterday and was staying in a hotel near my place, since she managed to get a spot in the U.A. entrance exams as an exchange student. I offered her to come stay with us, but she relentlessly refused no matter how many times I offered. Additionally, she also is further ahead of me in school, since the education system is different in North America. She had already completed Grade 9, was already halfway through Grade 10, and was currently on leave.

Yesterday was the first time we ever saw each other in person...

And not only did we click online, but we clicked instantly in-person.

The text from Vanessa read: "I got some REALLY exciting news! Meet me at our spot asap!" I giggled at the text, She was always so over dramatic. I texted back an "Oki👌" while grabbing my backpack and running downstairs to meet my bff.

Vanessa Freitas' POV

I am so excited to tell Miku the news! We have been waiting for the moment when the entrance exams to U.A. high school will come and it's only a week away! We've been practicing using our Quirks individually for quite some time for the day of the exams.

"Vanessa!" I heard a girl scream behind me. I saw my best friend running towards me while waving her arm in the air. "Hey Miku!" I screamed back and smiled. Once she reached me, she quickly sat down and took a deep breath. I laughed, "Hey girl you okay?" I asked, continuing to laugh. "Yeah, just outta breath." In that moment we both ended up laughing while Miku controlled herself first.

"So what was the really exciting news you had to tell me?" I halted my laughter, grabbed my phone and went to my photos app. "So as you know U.A. entrance exams are next week and we've been practicing our asses off, SO I decided to rent us a spot at the local gym near U.A. for four hours that apparently all students and teachers at U.A. and even pro heroes use to train."

Miku gasped and I giggled proudly, showing her the picture of the two tickets for this Sunday from 1 to 4 in the afternoon on my phone. Miku suddenly grabbed onto me and gave me a hug. After all, this will be the first time we ever train together.

I shrieked in surprise, but two seconds later hugged back. "Thanks so much! How'd you even manage to get these?!" I sighed, knowing all the hard-ass work I went through to get these babies. "I have my ways and you know that," I said proudly, to which she replied "Yep, I know."

~*~*~*~

Miku Yui's POV

As we walked back to my dad's house, we couldn't stop talking about how excited we were to visit the gym this Sunday. We kept talking about what we could wear, what we could use to train, what we could eat for lunch, etc. As soon as we reached my dad's house, we said our goodbyes and I headed inside.

I was so excited for Sunday and since Wednesday was the day of the entrance exam, we had to put our all in on Sunday.

~*~*~*~

Yo future Vanessa here.

My writing was shit in the beginning. But it gets better dw :)