Chapter 92: Adjusting Back to School Life

3rd Person POV

A few days later, it was now the beginning of October, meaning fall was here. As the air grew colder, the work study students in Class 1-A tried to come to terms with everything they've been through, especially Midoriya and Vanessa. All Might and Aizawa took Class 1-A's work study students and Mirio, Nejire, and Tamaki to Sir. Nighteye's funeral to say their final goodbyes.

The work study heroes and U.A.'s teachers talked about the work studies program and decided it would be best to put them on hold. Nighteye's agency was taken over by Centipeder, he and Bubble Girl awaiting Mirio's return, since his Quirk is currently gone. Eri had also finally woken up from her fever in the hospital, however she isn't allowed any visitors.

Today is Vanessa's official first day back at school after the Shie Hassaikai Raid, and let's just say it hasn't been any easy one. Todoroki, Miku, and the Bakusquad—besides Bakugo of course—were being very overprotective over her, always ready to help her with anything.

Ectoplasm was currently teaching mathematics to the 1-A students. The formula was a brand new one, and an incredibly difficult one at best. "It's not an elegant equation, but who can solve this definite integral?" He then stepped away from the board, revealing the equation, "If you have an answer, raise your hand."

Mr. Ectoplasm always gets so hardcore with this kind of stuff...! Kyoka exclaimed inside her head, the tip of her Right earphone Jack in her mouth to try and help her concentrate. From behind her, Kaminari was going brain dead at how difficult this was, "Start by carrying the yay..." he muttered exhaustingly, his brain frying.

Even Yaoyorozu is puzzled, and she's at the top of our class. Truly an integral of darkness... Thought Tokoyami, looking backwards at the back far right of the room where Yao-Momo was also struggling to solve the equation.

Meanwhile during all of this frustration, Midoriya and Vanessa were moving their pen and pencil across their pages at alarming rates. Each of them wanted to desperately solve the equation. It was just a matter of fact of who got to it first... The Broccoli Boi or the Math Queen?

Aggressively rubbing his hand through his hair, Midoriya suddenly stopped his pen and shot out of his seat with his hand up. "Midoriya." "107/14!" "Incorrect." The green haired boy immediately fell back into his seat in shame, Bakugo snickering at his failure.

Suddenly, Vanessa softly gasped and dropped her pencil when she got her answer. She quickly shot her hand up, unable to stand up on both feet. "Freitas." "107/28?" "Correct. Onto the next problem." Vanessa did a silent cheer in her head and happily turned the next page.

"Damn, the Math Queen strikes again!" Kirishima awed from his chair, leaning his head back on it. "Yeah, and on her first day back, too!" Sero added in shock as well, looking behind him to the brunette.

"Oh, you guys haven't even seen her in action...!" Miku giggled from her chair, playfully punching Vanessa's arm which made the brunette blush in embarrassment.

~*~*~*~

~The next day~

Now that Midnight was finished teaching, the students of Class 1-A all huddled together in their own conversations. Miku and Vanessa chatted from their own desks so Vanessa wouldn't have to move around. And since Kaminari and Mineta were sitting near them, they could listen in on their conversation.

"Yo, Mineta! Take a look at this!" The pikachu held out his phone for the short pervert to see with an excited smile. "Is it R rated?" "Suitable for all ages." Kaminari responded, making the girls sigh in relief that their pikachu was still semi-innocent.