Chapter 66: Only The Beginning

3rd Person POV

Before Class 1-A even knew it, a week had passed and it was time for the Provisional Hero Licenses exam.

It was a long bus ride to the National Dagoba Area, where the exam would take place. But once they arrived, the students of U.A. hopped off the bus with their hero costume briefcases in hand.

"Ugh... I'm getting kinda nervous." Kyoka groaned with a pained expression. "This isn't going to go well." Miku whined in response, leaning her body onto her best friend's smaller one.

"What are they gonna make us do?" Vanessa asked in horror. Of course, her anxiety would be acting up at a time like this. She dug the nails of her left fingers into the skin of her right arm, "What if I fail? Oh God, I'm gonna fail—"

"Freitas." Aizawa interrupted his panicked student, causing both her and Miku to freeze in place. He glared down at the brunette, "Don't think you will fail. Think that you will achieve your license."

The brunette was surprised at her teacher's encouragement, so she bowed, "Thank you, sir." After her gesture of respect, she and Miku stepped back into the group of their classmates. However, Todoroki came behind his girlfriend and placed a cold hand on her shoulder, causing her to stop in her tracks. She looked up at him as he gave her shoulder a tight squeeze, a gentle smile gracing his lips, "You've got this, Vanessa."

Her eyes widened, and as they sparkled in the sunlight, she nodded with a bright smile, "Thanks, Shoto...! You too!"

Aizawa repositioned himself, standing up tall in front of his class. "If you can pass this test, and get your provisional licenses, then you novice eggs will hatch into chicks. You'll be semi-pros. I expect your best."

Kaminari stepped forward with a pumped fist, "All right. I can't wait to be a heroic chicken!" "That's not what he meant, dummy!" Vanessa slapped his arm, making him whine at the pain. Miku laughed at this whole fiasco, while Bakugo let out a few hidden chuckles next to her.

Kirishima now stepped forward with a pumped fist and a large, toothy grin, "Let's call out the usual, you guys! On my mark...! Go Plus...—"

"—Ultra!"

A random student from another school had interrupted Kirishima, blush on his tanned face. He was very tall, with thick pointed-down dark brown eyebrows and flat, dark brown hair.

"It's pretty rude to barge into other people's huddles like that, Inasa." the random student's friend with messy light plum hair barged in from behind. Meanwhile, Todoroki found himself curiously looking at the very tall stranger.

"What? Pardon me. I am so... very... extremely... SORRY!" The very tall man from earlier bowed intensely, shoving his head to the ground, causing blood to leak from his forehead.

Some of the U.A. students yelped in shock at the gesture before them. "Who is this guy? I do not trust his enthusiasm...!" Kaminari freaked out with his finger pointed at the guy. "Hey, look at their uniforms." Kyoka pointed out. "They're from that famous school on the other side of Japan." Sero added. And from next to Miku, Bakugo grunted with an annoyed scowl, "U.A. in the east... Shiketsu in the west."

However, the calm atmosphere was soon broken by the same crazy man from earlier, "I wanted to say it just once!! Plus Ultra!! See, I really love U.A. High School! I am extremely honoured to compete against such incredible students! I'm so looking forward to it!" "Let's go." his light plum haired friend from earlier spoke up, and the students walked away.

"Inasa Yoarashi." Aizawa glared, unbeknownst to him, saying it a little too loud that it caught the attention of his students. "Do you know that guy, Mr. Aizawa?" Toru asked.