Chapter 13: Cavalry Battle

Miku Yui's POV

When we had reached Recovery Girl's medical room within the stadium walls, Vanessa was taken into the emergency room for what I assumed were stitches... and I was left a sobbing mess in the waiting room. I was sitting down in a chair, continuing to cry.

She risked her life for me... why?!

I unlocked my phone and looked at my photo album to see all of the happy pictures of me and Vanessa together and all of the secret pictures I have taken of Bakugo when he wasn't looking. I was way too sad to look at the ash blond at the moment and started hugging my phone that had a picture of me and Vanessa on it. "Please Vanessa... be okay..."

~*~*~*~

A short while later I heard Present Mic's voice announce that the second event would start soon. Recovery Girl and the other nurses said that her operation would take a while, so I decided to go watch the second event from the stands. I saw Midnight announce that the next event would be a Cavalry Battle. All forty two students would have to get into teams of two to four people and try to get as many bandanas as possible from other teams. Each bandana had a certain amount of points on it, which meant the higher you were ranked in the race, the higher value your bandana had. The top four teams at the end of the battle would advance to the final battle. Midoriya was abandoned by everyone because he had finished first in the race and had ten million points. The poor boy...

I looked over at Bakugo who had about ten people crowded around him, asking to be in his team. "Hehe... that's my Bakugo... Always somehow attracting everyone to him." I giggled to myself. When Bakugo had finally decided his team, he had Kirishima in the front, Mina and Sero on the sides, and him on the top. I grinned at his decision..."Good team choice, Bakugo."

~*~*~*~

The battle has been going on for a while now. I wasn't using my phone so if I got a call from Recovery Girl about Vanessa, I wouldn't miss it.

Team Bakugo was doing really great and I couldn't be more proud of them. I also found it funny when Bakugo would continuously bonk Kirishima on the head, which would make me laugh.

Present Mic had suddenly yelled, "Time's Up!" into his microphone and I saw Bakugo fall onto the floor. He banged the floor and screamed. He looked really mad, but to be honest, when was he not? Team Todoroki had gotten first place, Team Bakugo had gotten second, Team Shinso had gotten third, and Team Midoriya had gotten fourth. The students were given a break before the finals and I quickly ran back to where Vanessa was being worked on.

Once I arrived, I sat back down and scrolled through pictures of us together. I sighed and began to cry light tears. Vanessa... please—

Suddenly, my thoughts and tears were interrupted when Recovery Girl made her way to me. "Would you like to see Freitas, dear?" She asked me, and my face brightened up.

Eijiro Kirishima's POV

When I had heard about Vanessa's incident during the obstacle race, I tried to be as positive as I could. I think everyone thought I was fine, but to be honest... I wasn't. I was dying to see Vanessa and know she was ok. As soon as the Cavalry Battle had finished, I began to run towards the arena 'hospital' when the girls of Class 1-A had suddenly appeared in... cheerleader outfits?

"Looks like Class 1-A is going full-on fan service!" I saw Kaminari and Mineta give each other a thumbs up and I immediately face palmed myself. This was them... of course it was.

"What?! You tricked us?! You're gonna regret this!" Yaoyorozu yelled at the boys and I sighed and laughed. I quickly ran past the girls and made my way to see Vanessa. And once I had reached her room, I witnessed something that made my jaw drop...