Chapter 43: First Dinner

3rd Person POV

After Class A and B's rigorous training, it was time for their first dinner... that they would have to make themselves. Ragdoll and Pixie-Bob stood in front of the large group of students with food supplies, "Now," Pixie-Bob exclaimed rather eagerly, "Remember what I said? We're not serving your food anymore!" "If you guys wanna eat, you'll have to make your own meals. Starting with curry!" Ragdoll added, and the students groaned, all their bodies slouched over, completely exhausted. "Yes, ma'am..."

Ragdoll laughed immensely, bouncing up and down, "Oh man, you guys look exhausted! But that doesn't mean you can slake off by making sloppy cat food!" This caused Iida to gasp, bringing his fingers to his chin as he thought out loud, "I see. An important part of saving someone recovering from a disaster is providing for their physical needs. As well as spiritual. Ah, this is a great opportunity!"

The class-dad now ran up to the front of the group with open arms, waving his stiff arms through the air, "Let's make the most delicious curry in the world, everyone!" "Yeah, okay..." the young heroes responded lazily, everyone exhausted yet forced to get to work if they didn't want to starve.

~*~*~*~

While Todoroki lit a furnace on fire, Vanessa called over to him from another furnace, her body crouched down in front of it, "Hey, Shoto! Can we please get some fire over here as well?" With a calm smile, Todoroki nodded and walked towards the brunette.

"Hey, Bakugo..." Sero called the hothead, motioning over to another un-lit furnace, "Use an explosion to light that." "This is so beneath me!" Bakugo used his Quirk, causing the furnace to explode, and he stared at it in shock. "Too big of an explosion, Kat...!" Miku giggled cutely, allowing Bakugo to crack a very faint smile despite his initial shock.

"Rely on others and you'll never learn to start a fire yourself. We should focus on acquiring new skills." stated Yao-Momo, before creating a lighter from her bare hands. So much for 'acquiring new skills', Vanessa chuckled internally as she smiled on the outside.

"Here. Let me." Todoroki crouched down next to his love and placed his freezing, right hand on her left shoulder. He outstretched his left arm and lit her furnace on fire, and Ochaco was pleased, jumping up and down, "Wow! Thank you so much!" Meanwhile, Mina had a party beside Ochaco, cheering with an excited smile as she moved her clenched fists up and down, "Oh, yeah! Burn baby burn!"

"But not too hot, okay...?" the brunette added ever-so softly, as her emerald eyes stared into the fire belonging to her love. Her eyes shimmered at the sight, adoring the comfort his flames brought her, and the comfort knowing that the boy she loved has slowly grown to accept his father's Quirk.

Shoto stared at her in astoundment... before the most loving of smiles graced his lips, and his eyes shone with pure adoration.

He could see right through her. He could tell she was memorized by his flames...

... and that warmed his cold heart.

~*~*~*~

~2 Hours Later~

The curry was finally finished, and the young heroes cheered in celebration, "We did it!"

The Bakusquad sat together, Yao-Momo and Kyoka with them. And Kirishima, Vanessa, Sero, Yao-Momo, and Kaminari were stuffing their faces. "If I got this at a restaurant, I'd send this crap back...! But after today, I'll eat every bite!" Kirishima said with his mouth full, Sero instantly replying, "Don't say that!"

Mina turned around to face Yao-Momo, "Wow, you're scarfing, Yao-Momo!" "Yes," the black-haired girl looked upwards, "My Quirk transforms lipids into brand new atoms to create in-organic materials. That means, the more I eat, the more I can make."

Sero took another bite of his curry, "Like how poop works." Yao-Momo became instantly embarrassed, and Kyoka punched him, "Apologize!" "Okay, I'm sorry!"

Miku chuckled from the side-lines, Vanessa not even paying attention since she was too busy stuffing the curry down her throat. She'll never stop eating... Miku thought, glancing at her bff before taking a bite of her own curry.