Chapter 47: The Villains' Targets

Vanessa Freitas' POV

Suddenly, Mandalay's Telepath activated and we could hear her voice flowing through our heads once more, "Everyone in Class A and Class B! In the name of the Pro Hero, Eraser Head, you are granted permission to engage in combat. I repeat. Use your training. You may fight these villains!"

A soft gasp escaped me, and I grinned in relief, This is great! Now we'll be able to deal with whatever problems those blades are causing.

Miku and I gave each other a nod, but before we could even take a step forward, Mandalay's Quirk came on once again...

"Listen, we've discovered two of the villains' targets! They are two of the students: Freitas and another named, 'Kacchan'!"

... What...?

I froze in place, my eyes shaking rapidly as a million shivers sped up my spine and arms. Panic consumed me. They want me. The villains want me! But why would they want me?!

I was snapped out of my panic faze when her Telepath continued.

"Freitas and Kacchan should try to avoid combat and stick to a group. I hope you can hear me...!"

Her Telepath stopped and I felt my knees buckle. I fell onto my knees, desperately pressing my hands onto the ground as I stared into the dirt. I couldn't move—

"Listen, Vanessa." A stern, low voice shook through my core, and I suddenly felt someone grab my left arm and pull me up off the ground. My eyes rapidly shaking, they darted up to the amethyst eyes of my sister.

I don't think I've seen her eyes hold such sternness... such fear.

"I'm panicking too. I don't know why the hell the villains want you and Katsuki, but I will protect you and make sure that they don't take my best friend or my boyfriend. And that's a promise." Releasing my arm from her grip, Miku spun on her heel and started running off. Although I was beyond confused and taken aback by her sudden actions, I chased after her in a panic.

"Where are you going?!" I yelled to her... and she instantly stopped. She turned around to face me, determination clear in her eyes, "We're going to find Katsuki! He and Todoroki started the Test of Courage right before us like you said, so they must be ahead! C'mon!" She signaled me to follow...

... But I didn't. My body couldn't move.

Miku stopped running and instead made her way over to me. She flung her arms around my neck and pulled me into a tight hug, and I hugged back, wrapping my arms around her torso and smushing my face into her small breasts. "Why would they want me...? Give me your honest opinion, Miku." I mumbled into her chest, and I heard her sigh.

"Maybe because they know that you're powerful. You can withstand massive attacks—for instance your Sports Festival injury—and... probably also because of your mental state."

A sharp gasp escaped my lips and I removed my head from her chest, looking up into her eyes. "We were on Live TV after the U.S.J. Incident. There's no doubt the villains watched it. The news had a clip of you crying. You were the only one. So I'm saying maybe they're looking into your weakness. They might think it'll be easy to use you for their ideals."

Without hesitation, I gripped the back of her sweater and shoved my face into her boobs again. Tears sprung to my eyes as Miku gently rubbed my back. After letting it out, I released the hug and looked at my bestie with a determined look. "Then we have no time to waste. Let's go save our boys."

~*~*~*~

3rd Person POV

Vanessa and Miku were now running through the Test of Courage path until they saw ice slabs ahead of them in the forest. "That's Shoto's ice!" Vanessa pointed towards the ice and Miku nodded. "Then let's go!" Miku replied, and the two continued to run.