Chapter 103: The Angel Made of Paper

Shoto Todoroki's POV

The room was pitch black.

Mom was taken from us two weeks ago... and I have been trying my absolute best to adjust to my burn scar for the past six days.

I tried my hardest to stand up on the floor that was wet from my intense tears. Father stood a good distance across from my weak and struggling body, his arms crossed, "Get up, Shoto. Don't pretend to be weak. I'm no fool."

I let out a weak grunt and pushed myself up, but I slipped and slammed down onto the hard floor. "Stop acting so weak, Shoto!" Father boomed at me, clearly now even more pissed.

I started to cry more, surrendering to both my thoughts and heart.

Mom burned me because of Father... so the only person I have to rely on is myself.

"Damn kid." Father spat with a growl as he stomped towards me. I flinched in fear of what was to come.

Please! Somebody! Just make it go away!

I screamed in my head, my tears streaming down my face harder.

Just make it all go away—!

"Shh, don't cry now."

I heard myself gasp out loud when I suddenly heard a vastly angelic voice speak from behind. Before I could look around, I glanced up at Father right above me to notice he was... frozen in time? How is that even possible??

Now even more curious of the voice and what it did, I turned around slowly to find a sparkling woman that shone throughout the entire room. She floated two feet above the ground and seemed to be about 5'1.

Her dress was entirely made of swan feathers that flowed down to her kneecaps in the front and ankles in the back. The crown of the dress top was a half circle, making the top a sleeveless. Her heels were very thin, three inch, closed toe, and made of a shiny white fabric, almost as if they were another version of Cinderella's slippers. The same shiny white fabric was used for her gloves that went halfway up past her elbows. A feathered headband was placed upon her head. It was hard to notice, but swan feathers were clipped to her ears.

Her hair was a long and shiny light brown that flowed down to her stomach. She had bangs that curved over her forehead and two side bangs that curled into her cheeks.

But the most stunning thing about her were her gorgeous emerald eyes that shone brighter than all the hope in the world.

And what was most strange of all... was that she looked like she was ripped straight from a piece of paper.

She looked like a drawing come to life.

However, no matter how hard I stared, no matter how hard I tried... I couldn't recognize her identity.

The lady slowly flew down to my level and pressed her gentle, sparkling fingers against my tears to wipe them away. She gave me a warm smile in the process.

"Don't cry, Shoto. There's no reason to feel sad." I gasped, very shocked. "B-But how...?" The warm smile on her face and her loving expression never disappeared, "Because I am here. Here to make it better by reminding you that it will be okay."

My eyes widened, the shock that filled me increasing. The lady however only let out a soft giggle, "You may not recognize it, but I am always here with you." She gracefully slid her hand around my left cheek to then hold my chin, "And you must know that."