Chapter 90: My World

Vanessa Freitas' POV

As I've been informed by one of my nurses, Miku, Eijiro, Midoriya, Ochaco, and Tsu all left the hospital and headed home to the dorms yesterday.

And now... it was my turn.

When I woke up last night... I was beyond confused.

The last thing I could remember was shouting for Midoriya, the searing pain in my body, and the green sparks surging from Midoriya's Quirk filling my vision.

And when I had remembered that, I had sighed in relief, thankful to God that he had heard me.

However, I soon asked the nurse in my room what had happened, and she informed me what had apparently been broadcasted on the news: that the raid was a success, and that Chisaki had been taken into custody.

I was utterly relieved.

I'm being released from the hospital today. The nurses told me that my doctor didn't want to keep me from my school studies, understanding how vital it is to not miss classes.

Throughout the entire night, I had gone through intense physical therapy. The therapist told me that if I wanted to return to school today... I needed to spend at least a good twelve hours in therapy so I could get accustomed to my injury.

I was told I'd have to live with an unusable right leg for a good while until my femur could fully heal on its own. My right thigh was secured in a thick thigh brace. Therefore, during my physical therapy, one of the practices I completed was learning how to walk around on crutches.

The doctors had already signed me off so when I went to the front desk to sign out, I was very easily able to. "Hello, Freitas." A sudden voice called my name from beside me. Turning my head around, I found Mr. Aizawa, and my heart jumped, "O-Oh—! Hello, sir!"

I wore my school uniform along with my backpack, so Mr. Aizawa was able to glance down at my right thigh brace. Fortunately, one of my nurses told me that I can wear pants over the thigh brace. "I'm glad you're able to come back." "Thank you..." I drifted off in embarrassment, glancing away from his rather calm stare.

I mean, I feel like I don't deserve to be able to come back...

After failing so miserably against Chisaki...

"I'm..." I began nervously, feeling my body fall into my crutches in defeat, "I'm so sorry, sir—" "Don't apologize." He immediately cut me off in a stern tone, and a soft gasp quickly escaped me under my breath. "None of this is your fault. In fact..."

Mr. Aizawa's stern eyes suddenly softened... as he tightly clenched his hands into fists at his sides, "I want to apologize. You were injured under my watch. As your teacher... I failed to protect my student."

My eyes shot open as I gasped, this one audible to not just myself. "N-No, sir— ! Please don't say such things!" I desperately begged him as I hastily shook my head back and forth, clutching the handles of crutches even tighter, "Not only is it not your fault, but I wasn't even under your watch...!"

My teacher's eyes filled with shock for a split second... before he blinked and they returned to their usual stoic yet stern glare. He turned on his heel, "Let's get going."

"O-Oh— Okay...!" I quickly replied in a panic as I tried my best to follow him hastily with my crutches.

I now sat in Mr. Aizawa's car, sitting in the second row left seat—the back of the car—while he drove in the first right seat. To be completely honest, I never thought I'd see the day where Mr. Aizawa would drive me in his car.