Chapter 71: Worried For Them

Miku Yui's POV

An hour ago, our class had finally arrived back to the dorms from our Provisional Hero Licenses exam.

We now all sat in the common room, all cozied up in casual clothes and separated into our own friend groups. Jiro sat to my right, with Yao-Momo beside her. Sero was to my left, Kirishima beside him. Lastly, Kaminari was lying down on his stomach on the floor in front of us.

Vanessa wasn't here with us, though. She told us earlier that she needed some alone time in her room... and since I know far too well than I should, I could understand why.

She blamed herself for Todoroki failing.

"So, we're back to normal classes tomorrow, right?" Jiro asked rhetorically, causing Yao-Momo to let out a sigh. "I suppose there's no rest for us heroes...!"

"Man, I could use a vacation after all this work!" Kaminari whined, kicking his legs back and forth through the air. "Well, at least we all got our provisional licenses, am I right?" Sero chuckled, leaning backwards onto the couch to relax his back.

Despite the commotion, I couldn't help but stay silent. I couldn't stop thinking of Vanessa. Knowing her, she'd—

"Yui?" Kirishima snapped me out of my phase. I yelped in reaction, shaking my head back and forth. "Are you okay?" "What's on your mind?" Sero added on, then Jiro with a raised eyebrow, "Yeah. You're literally spacing out."

... Everyone was now looking at me... and I hated it. It especially didn't help that Kaminari was glancing up at me with a dumbfounded look. I took a deep breath...

"I'm... just worried about Vanessa." My friends all quietly gasped, except Jiro. "Why?" Sero curious asked, and I fumbled my fingers together on my lap.

"Well..." I trailed off, thinking about what I should include and disclude. "You know how she said she couldn't hang out because she was exhausted...?" The group nodded, before Kaminari titled his head to the side, "Yeah. And so?"

"So, I know that wasn't the only reason." I sternly stated, "I could see it in her eyes... That she didn't want to hang out with us."

"Huh?!" The four of them gasped, and I could see the panic on Kirishimna's face. "Is Vanessa okay?!" I sighed, looking down at my hands in my lap. "I don't know. But, I hope she doesn't blame herself for Todoroki failing. I know her all-too well that she'll find some possible reason to do so."

"Oh, man." Sero sighed, his body falling deeper into the sofa in defeat. "Yeah, that's terrible." Jiro added before Kirishima suddenly burst up from his couch cushion, pumping a fist to his chest. "In that case, we must be there for Vanessa when she's feeling responsible!" "Yeah!" the rest of my friends cheered.

I was about to join in but across the room, I spotted Katsuki say something to Midoriya before leaving the building through the front doors.

Without hesitation, I rushed up and out of my seat, and I felt all my friends' eyes on me. Midoriya was staring off at Katsuki after he had closed the doors behind him, and I quickly approached the green haired boy.

"Midoriya?" "Uh— Yeah, Yui? What's up?" He looked up from his phone with a rather terrified look on his face. Did Katsuki say something to him that scared him?

"I was just wondering if you knew where Katsuki was going." I pointed my thumb back to the door. At that moment, his face filled with even more fear, which aroused suspicion within me. "N-No, I don't." he stuttered nervously.

Placing my fingers to my forehead, I groaned under my breath before walking towards the entrance doors and away from the boy, "Thanks, then."

Once I reached the front doors, I opened them and looked around. I couldn't see Katsuki anywhere in the distance. However, when I looked down...