Chapter 18: Cheering Against One Another

Miku Yui's POV

After Vanessa had come back with her face all puffy from crying, I decided that we should take a walk and talk about it. Even though she had told me earlier that she didn't walk to tell me what happened, there was no way I was letting this slide.

When we were walking through random hallways—and slowly so Vanessa didn't end up screwing up her injury—I got the brunette to tell me everything about what had happened earlier.

Turns out, she accidentally overheard Todoroki speaking to his father, Endeavor, about his fire power and graduation stuff, and how Todoroki had supposedly caught her 'snooping' and she ran away in tears.

I comforted my best friend when Present Mic's voice rang through the speaker. He announced that the next battle was beginning. "Shit!" We both looked at each other and said at the same time.

Bakugo was battling Kirishima, and we definitely didn't want to miss this.

~*~*~*~

As soon as we made it back to the stands, we saw Bakugo and Kirishima facing off and we didn't even bother to sit down. Kirishima managed to scrape Bakugo's right cheek with his fist which began to drip blood. I shrieked in fear, but Bakugo was quick on his feet. He did an under throw explosion and made a counter attack.

Kirishima continuously attempted to punch Bakugo as he avoided the punches every time. "Bakugo's having a hard time fighting back against Kirishima's fierce attacks!" Present Mic exclaimed, but none of us could see Bakugo's plan. He blasted Kirishima on the left area of his stomach and grinned. Bakugo did another under-throw explosion and yelled, "Die...!" at the top of his lungs.

We saw Kirishima fall to the ground and I heard Vanessa shriek in fear next to me. "Kirishima is down! Bakugo advances to the next round!" Midnight yelled and I cheered. I looked over to Vanessa who had slowly sat down and stared at the white nail marks on her arms. I frowned and felt sorry for her. She went through so much earlier with Todoroki... and now Kirishima lost.

It made me feel even more sad for her when I realized how hard Vanessa was cheering for Kirishima to win. I saw her stand up and walk out of the seats area. "Vanessa—" "Please, don't follow me. You did nothing wrong, by the way." I frowned as I watched my best friend walk away, afraid of what she would do next.

Whatever happened, I just prayed she would be okay...

Vanessa Freitas' POV

Eijiro lost which officially made my day even worse.

As I walked through the halls crying to myself, I heard someone call my name. "Freitas."

My heart jumped and a sharp gasp left my mouth— I knew that voice.

I quickly looked around to find Todoroki standing a few feet away from me. Struggling to simply not burst into tears, I turned back around and began to walk away from him—

"Freitas! Please don't leave..." I froze at his words and turned back to face him again.

"Why? You wouldn't want a rude crybaby as your friend anyways." The dual haired boy's eyes widened at my words. I heard him sigh and make his way over to me. He stood over me, since he was much taller than I was, and suddenly pulled me into a hug. I hugged back and began to cry on the side of his torso. He rubbed circles on my back and eventually pulled away to look at me.

"Freitas... If I were in your situation, I would have done the same thing. I am grateful you stayed silent. I would hate it if you had gotten caught up in that argument."

I gasped in shock, and he nodded. "Are we still able to hang out this weekend?" He asked, his gorgeous eyes looking into mine. "You do realize that was, like, the third time me or you have asked that question today." I replied, trying to lighten the mood. He let out a small chuckle and so did I.

I grabbed him by the wrist and began to lead him toward the battle arena. "Freitas, why are you—" "Don't give me that BS, Todoroki! You're facing Iida next, so I'm making sure you get there on time." I smiled and so did he. He then nodded as I continued to pull him towards the battle arena.