Chapter 31: Studying the Tension

3rd Person POV

The school bell rang, signaling the end of class.

"All right. That's it for class today. There's only one week left before your final exams begin. I'm sure you're all studying constantly, right? Don't forget to keep training. The written exam has only one element. There's also the practical portion to worry about. Good luck." Aizawa stated and quickly walked out the door.

The students were handed out their midterm results earlier. These were the results:

1. Momo Yaoyorozu
2. Tenya Iida
3. Katsuki Bakugo
4. Izuku Midoriya
5. Vanessa Freitas
6. Shoto Todoroki
7. Tsuyu Asui
8. Kyoka Jiro
9. Mashirao Ojiro
10. Minoru Mineta
11. Mezo Shoji
12. Koji Koda
13. Miku Yui
14. Rikkido Sato
15. Ochaco Uraraka
16. Fumikage Tokoyami
17. Eijiro Kirishima
18. Toru Hagakure
19. Hanta Sero
20. Yuga Aoyama
21. Mina Ashido
22. Denki Kaminari

"I've barely even taken notes this semester!" Kaminari and Mina whined loudly. "And with the sports festival and internship, I didn't have time to read the textbook." Kaminari sulked, clutching his head in disappointment. However, Mina was laughing with her hands behind her head.

"It's true that we haven't had very much free time lately." Tokoyami stated in his classic stern-composed nature. "We've barely learned anything when we took our midterms so they didn't seem all that hard, but I'm kinda worried about these. We've been through a lot, and they probably won't pull any punches when it comes to testing us." Sato told Koda, and he nodded his head in response.

"As someone ranked in the top eleven, I'm not that concerned." Mineta bragged, resting his head on the ball of his fist. "What?! You got eleventh in the midterms?!" Mina and Kaminari exclaimed, incredibly shocked. "Aw man, and here I thought you were one of us!" Mina whined, pointing embarrassingly at the small boy. "Don't you know weirdo little creeps like you are only likable if they're kinda stupid?! Who's going to love you now?!" Kaminari added, his hands at his side gripping the air. "Everyone. Trust me." Mineta responded with a smirk, still proud as ever.

"Ashido, Kaminari! We've still got time to study! That way, we'll all get to go to the training camp together. Right?" Midoriya said excitedly, his fists pumped at his sides. "Yes! As class rep, I have high hopes that we'll make U.A. proud." Iida added, raising his right hand up like he was asking a question.

"It's pretty hard to fail if you just pay attention in class, isn't it?" Todoroki bluntly stated, also looking over at the two students. "Yeah! Shoto's right, you know...! The harder you try in class, the better your grades get! You can't let time in class go to waste and just do the homework— That's not the best way to get good grades and experience." Vanessa told her friends, pointing her right index finger to her forehead. "Why you gotta cut me down like that...?" Kaminari painfully said, clutching his heart.

"Hey, don't worry about it, you two, I can catch you up to speed on the important topics, if you want." Yaoyorozu offered Mina and Kaminari, her hand placed on her chest with a slightly-worried look on her face even though she was smiling. "You're the best, Yao-Momo!" The two cheered, thankful for the girl's help. "I'm afraid I won't be any help when it comes to the practical, though." Yaoyorozu sulked, looking down at her desk, a black aura surrounding her, and Shoto eyed her in wonder.

"I've been studying, but... could you help me out, too? I'm having some trouble understanding quadratic functions." Jiro asked her friend, showing Yaoyorozu her journal. "Really?" Yaoyorozu questioned, her voice sounding a bit excited.

"Tutor me, please! Classical Japanese is killing me!" Sero begged, his hands pressed together above his head. "Is there room for one more? I'm afraid I'm falling behind a little." Ojiro walked in, raising his hand up. "Pretty please!" the three begged, and Yaoyorozu gasped in astonishment, a blush forming on her cheeks as she brought her fingertips to her chin.