Chapter 23: Smash Bros. 'Chat'

Miku Yui's POV

Today is Sunday, which means I'm hanging out with Bakugo today. I'm so excited but so nervous...! I don't know why he invited me over, but I decided to not question it. All I know is that I'm going over to his house... which means possibly meeting his parents...

I decided to wear a purple T-shirt with white jeans, black flats, and a white cap. I put my hair up through the back of the cap and grabbed my school backpack. I put my turquoise workout shirt, black leggings, and running shoes into my bag.

Bakugo told me to bring workout clothes, so I assume he wants to train with me. And if he wants to go against me... I'm fucked.

I also put my Nintendo Switch and the device to hook the switch up to the TV in there along with the games Smash Bros. Ultimate, BOTW, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

I shoved my phone into my jean pocket and headed downstairs to the door, which someone was knocking on. I could tell it was Vanessa. She was probably a nervous wreck since she was telling Todoroki about her self harm and anxiety disorders.

I opened the door to find Vanessa panicking— Yep, I was right about the panicking. She was dressed very fancy for a hangout, so I got confused if she was going on a date and lied to me about it being a hangout.

"Uh... girl why are you going so fancy?" I asked as I couldn't hold in my laughter. "Well... we're talking about my self harm and anxiety issues on a walk near the beach, so I thought I'd look nice to make the situation we're in seem better." I couldn't help but laugh again, and soon the brunette joined in.

"You never told me what you're doing with Bakugo...!" Vanessa suddenly asked with an eager grin, causing my eyes to widen for a split second as my heart skipped a beat. "Oh...! We're just going to play on my switch and talk. Nothing as complicated as you." "Ugh, don't remind me. I'm so nervous." She sighed in reply, shoving her face into her palms.

~*~*~*~

We had finally made it to Bakugo's house after a long walk and train ride... And I found myself shocked at the fact that his house is very nice.

I rang the doorbell and was greeted by a woman with messy sandy blond hair and piercing scarlet eyes. Holy shit. She looks exactly like Bakugo! There's no way this isn't his mom...

"Hello, darling! You must be Yui." She welcomed me with a bright smile, and I chuckled nervously under my breath. "Yeah. It's nice to meet you." I answered and I cheered inside my head that I didn't stutter.

"And this is Freitas, correct? Yui's best friend?" she asked once again, motioning over to Vanessa. The brunette hummed with a nod, "Hmm. I'm coming back to pick her up at six." I nodded. It was 11 a.m. which gave me and Bakugo seven hours to hang out, which was a LOT of time.

"Ok, then, come on in, Yui! My son's currently upstairs. I'll call him down so he can give you a house tour." I nodded and Vanessa waved goodbye to me with a wink. I chuckled but we quickly had to cover our ears.

"KATSUKI! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE! YOUR FRIEND IS HERE!" "SHUT UP OLD HAG, I'M COMING!"

Vanessa gave me a nervous look and chuckled nervously, and I found my chuckles matching hers. Mrs. Bakugo seemed so sweet and harmless... guess I was wrong. I can see where Bakugo gets his anger and loudness from now.

When Bakugo came down and stood at the doorway, he looked at me with a smirk. And so, I waved bye to Vanessa as I stepped into the house.

Bakugo looked nice. He had on a black jean jacket and an orange shirt with a black skull on it. He also wore blue jeans and his slippers. I don't know why, but I felt myself lost in his attire...