Chapter 57: A New Home?

Vanessa Freitas' POV

After All Might's fight against All for One was finalized, we met back up with Shoto and Yao-Momo. The seven of us took Bakugo to meet with the police. The whole way there, he was silent. The only times he actually spoke was when Miku would repeatedly ask him if he was okay, to which he'd just respond with either a hum or a, "Fine".

And then, after our worlds had been completely turned upside down and we managed to rescue Bakugo... we finally were able to return to the safety of our homes.

Miku and I had already planned on walking home together. After all the commotion with Bakugo's kidnapping, I know for a fact Miku wouldn't want to go to her mother's parents' house... but she had no choice.

"Shoto!" I was quick to run up to Shoto before he could leave the police station. And at the sound of me calling for him, he stopped in his tracks and turned around.

"You walking home?" I asked as I stood in front of him, looking up at him with a concerned look in my eyes. "Yeah." He replied calmly, but I can tell he was hiding something.

I grabbed his cheeks with my fingers, pinching his cheeks with a pout on my lips. "Are you okay?" Although he seemed caught off-guard by my still pinching his cheeks, he nodded, and I groaned a sigh, "No, you're not."

Taking my fingers off his cheeks, which left little red marks on them, I mustered a soft smile for him, "If it has to do with your father, then I suggest you stay out of his way for the next week or two and you'll be good."

Shoto eyes widened for a second, "Are you sure?" "That should be enough time for him to get over not earning the number one spot but still getting it anyways." I playfully winked at him, causing him to softly chuckle.

We leaned in at the same time, our hearts and minds one. As our lips brushed against one another, I took in the sweet taste of his lips. And with a quick hug and another peck, we said bye.

I walked up to Miku, who was casually waiting around for me. Great. What a good friend I am.

"I'm so sorry for making you wait! Something was wrong with Shoto and—" "Vanessa, it's okay!" She chuckled, and we wrapped our arms around each other for a hug.

However, I had to release the hug sooner than I thought because my phone buzzed... and it was a text from my mom.

Mom
Hey, I just got an email. U.A. wants you to move into the dorms. Your teacher and All Might are coming over to your apartment, and over there they'll be video chatting me and Dad. Don't be late.

A large gasp left my lips when I read this. "What?!" Miku panicked in anticipation as she leaned in to see the text. "What's so—" she asked but then gasped loudly as well when she read the message.

Miku's smile soon dropped when she seemingly realized something... and utter fear filled her amethyst eyes.

Panic immediately consumed me— What's wrong with her?? Is she okay?!

I grabbed my best friend by her deltoids, looking straight into her eyes. "Hey— Are you okay?? What's wrong??"

Eyes still shaking, she let out a long sigh before taking in a deep breath, "I really would love to stay in the dorms. Getting to live with you, Katsuki, and the squad. But..." she paused with a painful look of sorrow in her pretty eyes, "... I don't know if my grandparents would like it too much."

Ugh, of course! Miku's stupid— I halted my inner rage, getting an idea. I swiftly grabbed her hand and gripped it tight, "The teachers would be meeting the families of the students in alphabetical order. So that means your family would be last, mine being..." I paused, counting my fingers.