Chapter 26: The Hero Killer

3rd Person POV

After about a forty minute taxi ride, Edgeshot and his two interns had arrived in Hosu District. They exited the car and the girls thanked the driver. Edgeshot then led his interns to a reserved part of Hosu where there were many dark alleyways. "Here we are. I want you two to leap across and through these alleyways and then meet—" Edgeshot instructed but was suddenly cut off by his phone ringing. "Hold on," he told the girls, answering his phone.

"Hello?" There was a silence before he let out a faint gasp. "Yes. I'll be there right away." He hung up, and Vanessa's eyes began to shake, starting to panic. "No need to panic, Freitas." Edgeshot quickly reassured her, sensing her anxiousness, "There is an attack happening near the main district. My help was requested since we're in Hosu. I want you two to practice training on your own in this area. I will call Yui's cell once I'm finished. Work hard." Edgeshot firmly nodded to the two before he leapt across the street, and out of the girls' vision.

"Soooo... What now?" Vanessa spoke up, her eyes never leaving where Edgeshot had disappeared. However, they darted toward Miku when she placed her hand on the brunette's shoulder, "We do what Edgeshot said... Practice!"

~*~*~*~

It has been twenty minutes since Edgeshot left and the girls were leaping over buildings and running through alleyways, all the while avoiding any civilians that came their way. However, they heard a painful scream that they recognized too well...

"Vanessa... did you hear that...?" Miku slowly asked, feeling shivers rush through her arms. Vanessa's eyes shook frantically as shivers sped up her spine, "It sounded like... Midoriya..."

... The girls stared at one another in shock, the air dead silent. And without a word or even physical acknowledgment, they swiftly turned on their heels and sprinted toward the sound.

"Wait, don't— Stop it!" They heard Midoriya nearby— They just needed to find which alleyway he was in.

"Get away!" He desperately screamed at someone just as the rapid clacking of heels filled Midoriya's ears. A quick gasp left his lips when Miku and Vanessa now stood before him. They had quickly taken in their surroundings: Midoriya was on the floor alongside Iida, there was a pro hero covered in blood up against the wall, and the villain stood before the teenagers... A man in black, gray and blood red with bandages and spiked black hair, who was holding a long blade.

Vanessa quickly drew a beam rod and shot a beam of light similar to Aoyama's Navel Laser. The man effortlessly dodged the beam, before turning around to face the two... a pure sadistic look on his face.

The two girls felt their hearts stop for a split second—

It was the Hero Killer: Stain. In person.

Tilting his head to the side, he glared at the new arrivals, "Some other kids to get in my way, huh?"

"Freitas?! Yui?! What are you doing here?!" Midoriya panicked as he attempted to stand up again. "Go... please! This is my fight!" Iida desperately begged, but the girls had no time to run, even if they wanted to.

They were still in shock from encountering the infamous Hero Killer, and yet they stood up straight and stood their ground, refusing to flee.

Stain stood up tall and dashed towards the two girls in an instant. They both let out sharp gasps and quickly dodged his attack, Miku dodging left and Vanessa dodging right.

Extending her arm out, purple emitted from Miku's hand and froze Stain in time. His body emitting the same purple hue, she grabbed Stain's blade and slashed him across the chest with it. She unfroze him and he instantly grunted just as he kicked Miku in the stomach and grabbed his blade, knocking her onto the ground; She hadn't expected him to recover from her Quirk instantly.

Fingers emitting an emerald light as they drew at incredible speeds, Vanessa drew two swords that appeared in front of her in the air. She snatched them both and threw one over to Miku, who had just gotten up off the ground.

With gritted teeth, the girls charged toward Stain with their blades. Metal sparkles clashing against one another, Stain overpowered the two inexperienced girls and slashed away their blades, the drawings tearing up and disappearing. Miku gasped, and Vanessa cursed under her breath, scolding herself for not making her Quirk stronger already—

The girls shrieked in pain when Stain slashed them with his blade, Vanessa at her arm and Miku at her knee. They stumbled backwards as he licked his blade, but more specifically... their blood.

The girls' eyes drastically widened. They felt their muscles freeze... and they fell to the ground.

"W-What the hell—?! Why can't I move?!" Miku panicked as she tried to lift her shoulders... while Vanessa's shaking eyes locked with the menacing eyes of the Hero Killer. Was this the end for them...?

With a slight head tilt as he slowly walked towards the paralyzed group, Stain swung his blade to his side, "The artist is the most dangerous of you all. She goes first."

"NO!" Miku screamed at the top of her lungs, trying her absolute best to move a single muscle. But she couldn't. Stain lifted his blade above Vanessa and she braced herself. He swung his blade down—

Vanessa closed her watery eyes... but nothing came.

Slowly opening her eyes, she witnessed a wave of fire sent at Stain, making him jump away. Her eyes then darted over her shoulder... to find a man dressed in blue standing at the end of the alley, half of the left side of his body ablaze.

"Look at that. Even more people to get in my way. Today's been full of distractions." Stain scoffed.

The boy held up his phone to show the location of the battle sent to him, "Midoriya, you need to give more details in times like this. I was almost too late to stop this guy." Todoroki stated, the look in his eyes stern as he found himself staring into a pair of shimmering emerald eyes.

He was grateful he had just made it on time... or else Vanessa would've—

He instantly shoved those thoughts into the back of his head.

He refused to think of a world where he failed to save her.