Chapter 42: First Day of Training

3rd Person POV

It was now the next day... and 5:30 in the morning. The students of Class 1-A and Aizawa stood outside the building, almost everyone's hair messed up and many people yawning.

"Good morning, class." Aizawa spoke up sternly, as per usual, "Today we begin a training camp that will increase your strength. Our goal is to increase your skills exponentially, so that each of you earns a provisional license. This will allow you to face the dangers that continue to fester in the darkness."

"Proceed carefully. Look alive, Bakugo." Aizawa threw a ball the ash-blond's way, the same one from their fitness test on the first day of school, and he easily caught it with one hand. "Try throwing that for me." "Yeah, sure. Like in the fitness test." Bakugo recalled rather calmly, looking down at the ball. "That's right," the teacher replied, "When you first started school, your record was 705.2 meters. Let's see if you've improved."

Bakugo walked away from the class, and Mina quickly got excited, "Oh, I get it! We're checking our progress!" "A lot's happened to us in the last three months. Maybe he can throw it a whole mile now!" Sero added eagerly.

"C'mon, you've got this, Katsuki!" Miku cheered, and Bakugo grinned at her cheers, "I got this. Not one blink." With an explosion, he yelled, "Go to hell!" at the top of his lungs and blasted the ball away.

Bakugo stepped back from his throw, "That was 709.6 meters." stated Aizawa, and Bakugo's eyes drastically widened, looking frantically at the tracking device in Aizawa's hands. "It's not much farther than last time... I can't believe it..." Vanessa softly gasped, all ten of her fingertips hovering over her mouth, and Bakugo was as shocked as his classmates. Aizawa spoke up once more, shoving his hands back into their favourite spot: his pockets. "You've had a single semester at U.A., and due to your various experiences, all of you have definitely improved. But those improvements have mostly been limited to mental prowess and technical skill. With a slight increase in stamina thrown in along the way."

The teacher now looked his students in the eyes, "Your Quirks really haven't grown that much stronger. Not on a fundamental level. That's why we're now going to focus on improving your powers." Aizawa then grinned like a psycho-man, pointing his index finger skyward, "This'll be so hard you'll feel like you're dying. Let's hope you all survive."

~*~*~*~

~7:40 a.m.~

Class A had officially begun their intensive training about ten minutes ago, and they were all doing the best they could.

Bakugo was plunging his hands into boiling water to expand his sweat glands, then creating massive explosions at rapid speeds.

Todoroki was working on continuously using his fire and ice while standing in an oil drum.

Sero was producing tape continuously off a cliff, clearly in pain.

Ojiro was hitting Kirishima's hardening with his tail, strengthening both their Quirks.

Kaminari was on a mountain, running his electricity through a high capacity battery to learn to handle larger amounts of electricity.

Koda was doing vocal exercises to build up his voice range.

Aoyama blasted large beams of his navel laser every other second, to help increase the laser's range and for when he has stomach aches.

Tokoyami was in a pitch black cave within the mountains, trying his best to control Dark Shadow even when it gets dark and it goes wild.

Ochaco was getting used to not getting nauseous by floating in a ball, also practicing how much she can lift with her Quirk.

Iida was running around the camp, increasing his leg strength and stamina.

Tsuyu was climbing on a cliff, extending her tongue to the top to work on all her body muscles, including her tongue.

Sato was sitting at a table, stuffing his face with cake while lifting weights. Yao-Momo sat next to him, also stuffing her face with strawberries, while creating as many items as she could from her wrist. And at the end of the table sat Vanessa, her fingertips and the tip of her pencil emitting an emerald glow as she drew the complicated robots from the entrance exams as fast as she could, while making sure to be as precise as possible. Even though she could draw at a speed faster than the human eye could comprehend with her Quirk, sometimes her drawings ended up messy.

Miku stood a couple steps away from the table. Flags were placed in a circle around the girl, Vanessa's robots that she continuously drew being summoned inside it purposely by the brunette. She worked on controlling her Time Stop in a specific area around her, and while activated, destroying all the robots and increasing her physical strength. If the flags stopped moving in the wind, she'd know she went out of the zone.

Not too far away, Kyoka and Mina were beside each other. Kyoka was strengthening her Earphone Jacks by homing them against the mountain wall. Mina was constantly creating acid, increasing her skin's durability.

Mineta continued to pop off as many balls of his head as he could, to help stop his head from bleeding.

Toru and Shoji also worked together. Shoji created many dupli-arms to try to hunt down Toru, who was practicing on her stealth.

And finally, there was Midoriya, practicing a workout at Tiger's bootcamp.

And through this incredibly rigorous training... was how the students of Class 1-A would be training for the next week.