Chapter 82: Requests?

3rd Person POV

Later on their day-off, Midoriya had arrived back at 1-A Alliance from Sir Nighteye's agency. After getting dressed, he came down to the common room to find some of his classmates hanging around.

Miku, Vanessa, and Tsuyu sat together on the mini sofa, Miku on the far left, Vanessa in the middle, and Tsuyu on the far right. Ochaco, Mina, and Mineta sat on the couch blocks, while Iida stood up beside the large couch where Midoriya decided to sit. Meanwhile, Ojiro and Shoji sat over at one of the dinner tables.

"You found an agency for your work study?" Ochaco excitedly asked with her fists pumped to her chest, "Congratulations, Deku, that's awesome!" "Indeed. Well done, Midoriya." Iida added on, reaching his hand out for Midoriya to shake, and the green haired boy took his hand with a grateful smile. "Thanks, guys." "Thank you. You are an example to us all." Iida replied as he fixed his glasses with a soft smile.

"I don' know how the rest of us are supposed to compete, though." Kaminari groaned, walking in with Kirishima, Sero, Sato, and Tokoymai, though Tokoyami decided to rest his back against the wall and watch from afar.

"Yeah, you'll be working at Sir Nighteye's agency. That's seriously amazing!" Sero stated with his classic grin. "And I heard Togata recommended you!" Kirishima exclaimed, his hands shoved into his pockets. "Pretty impressive, man." Sato added as he continued eating from his bag of chips. However, Midoriya nervously replied in a stutter, "U-Um, yeah. I guess."

The green haired boy looked down with a mixture of embarrassment and sadness as he scratched his cheek. Vanessa stared at him as worry filled not only her heart, but her emerald eyes.

"Hey, Midoriya. Are you alright?" Vanessa curiously questioned the boy, whose green eyes rapidly darted upwards to meet her concerned emerald orbs. "Oh, yeah, I'm fine...!" he replied with a nervous smile, though Vanessa could see right through him... and she only became more concerned.

"The distance between us just keeps getting wider." Todoroki said from one of the corners of the room, his arms crossed with his back pressed up against the wall, "We've got to catch up soon." Bakugo tsked in reply, the sandy blond standing next to the dual haired boy.

"I wish I had a place picked out." Ochaco daydreamed, resting her chin in her hands, her elbows resting on her thighs, "The school said Gun Head hasn't had enough interns, so his agency is a no-go."

"I know what you mean." Tsu added on as she placed a finger to her chin like usual. Kirishima leaned his body on to the back of the couch, his arms wrapped around Vanessa's neck while he rested his chin and cheek on top of her head. Feeling his embrace, she instinctively brought her hands up to hold onto his forearms.

"I wanted to go to Selkie's, but that's out, too." Tsu stated. "Yeah, so is Fourth Kind. He doesn't even accept students for work studies." Kirishima whined with a sigh, making Vanessa giggle softly, "Cheer up, bro, it'll be okay."

"The teachers sure aren't making it easy for us, are they?" Sero stated, now leaning his back onto the back of the couch Midoriya sat on. "Thanks to all these requirements, a ton of agencies are ruled out right off the bat." Kaminari complained, standing next to Sero. "We can't really blame them, though, can we?" Vanessa innocently said with a slight head tilt, and Kirishima sighed again, his hot breath blowing the hair on top of her head.

"Yeah, Vanessa's right." Miku spoke up as she leaned back into the couch, crossing her arms, "Unlike the internships, we'll be 100% in the game. If anything bad were to happen to us—"

"—Then the Pros have to take responsibility for whatever happened."

A familiar voice that had just entered the dorms cut off Miku, and everyone in the area turned their heads to the doorway.

"Oh, hey, Mr. Aizawa!" Kaminari greeted their teacher, who had his usual glare on his face, "Only Pros who are the real deal will take on rookies like you guys knowing the risk involved." Aizawa stated, only to then face Tokoyami, "Tokoyami. Looks like you've got an offer from one of them. Hawks has invited you to work with him in Kyushu."

"No way!" Kaminari gasped with a raised eyebrow. "He's the number three Hero! That's awesome!" Sero exclaimed in shock, his eyes widened drastically. "Wow, good job, Tokoyami!" Vanessa smiled brightly at her classmate, who nodded firmly.

"Well? What do you say?" Aizawa asked Tokoyami, who turned to their teacher with a nod, "I respectfully accept." "Alright, then. I'll make sure you get the relevant paperwork later. Just let me know when you're expected in Kyushu. I can sign off on your absences." their teacher stated.

"Congrats, Tokoyami. You psyched?" Shoji congratulated his friend from afar, who turned to face him, "I am grateful, of course."

"We've really gotta catch up." Todoroki sighed under his breath, lowering his chin with closed eyes as he crossed his arms even tighter. "Would you stop saying that?!" Bakugo growled at him, getting annoyed with his recurring statements.

"Also, Kirishima. Freitas." Aizawa turned to look at the two non-biological siblings, and Vanessa gripped Kirishima's forearms tighter upon hearing their teacher call their names... because she always expected the worst.

"Apparently Amajiki from the Big Three wants to talk to you two about something." their teacher stated, and everyone immediately looked at the two. "Huh? He wants us?" Kirishima unwrapped his right arm from around Vanessa's neck and pointed to himself while looking down at his adoptive sis. "Wow, that's awesome!" Vanessa cheered as the tips of her fingers hovered over her mouth in shock, and Kirishima nodded.

"Yui, Uraraka, and Asui. You've got your own Big Three summons from Hado. You can track them down sometime tomorrow or whatever. That's all for now." Aizawa stated rather abruptly before quickly turning around and walking to the front doors to leave.

"Hado wants us?" Miku looked back and forth between Tsu and Ochaco, her eyes wide. "Amajiki, that's crazy!" The redhead looked down at Vanessa as he wrapped his right arm back around her neck. The brunette looked back up to Kirishima, grabbing his forearms once again and giving them a squeeze. "Yeah, I wonder what he wants from us??"

"Considering the timing, it could be about the work study program." Tsu suggested, which shocked Ochaco immensely, "No way! That'd be too good to be true, right?!" "That would be awesome if she does want us for the work studies...!" Miku cheered to herself, clenching her hands into fists to her chest.

"Do we have to wait until tomorrow...?!" Vanessa sulked as she sunk into the back of the couch, dragging Kirishima's arms with her. "My anxiety can't deal with this, man!" However, Kirishima was also upset about this and when he saw his sis like this, he gritted his teeth with a grunt.

Unwrapping his arms from around her neck, the redhead stood up from the couch and placed his hands on his hips, "Nope! I'm going over to the third years dorm right now! Come on, Ness!" "Yes! I like your style, Eij!" Vanessa eagerly jumped up from the couch, running after Kirishima.

"I don't think I can wait either." Tsu stood up, along with the other two girls. "Let's go, Ochaco and Miku." "Yeah!" Ochaco cheered, then Miku. "Yeah, let's go!"

And on their way out, Todoroki sighed once again, feeling incredibly guilty that he was stuck behind his love and unable to be there by her side. "We've really, really, really—" "JUST SHUT UP!!" Bakugo finally snapped, silencing the upset boy.

~*~*~*~

Fun fact! This entire chapter is anime-only! I never knew until reading the entire manga because I became a manga-reader once season 4 of the anime was finished.