Chapter 126: One For All

3rd Person POV

Three days had passed since Vanessa woke up.

Even though many days have passed since the Paranormal Liberation War, the panic in the streets showed no signs of dying down. The unease steadily spread. But not everyone was out for blood.

They wanted Heroes to be shining pillars of decency... and to insist they'd done nothing wrong. Amid the unease... they wanted reassurance. More than anything, the public needed something to cling to.

After he and the students of Class 1-A were discharged from the hospital, Endeavour spoke freely and openly about him and his family's sickening past. Hawks also came open about his plan to infiltrate the enemy ranks, which included the supposed assassination of Best Jeanist, and the fact that he killed a fleeing villain... Twice.

After an argument with an enraged news-reporter, Best Jeanist revealed how U.A. High School and other Hero programs will be putting their expansive well-secluded campuses to use... as designated evacuation shelters. Of course, this upset many people, but Endeavour encouraged them to take out all of their criticism and doubts on him.

Yes, the Heroes were put through a sieve. And if you define 'Hero' as someone the people look up to and count on... then the Heroes really did vanish that day. And yet... some were still prepared to stand up and fight.

When Endeavour was asked about One for All, he replied 'I don't know'... so that Deku and All Might... wouldn't have targets on their backs.

However, although the public didn't know what One for All was, a group of teenagers were about to find out...

"Hey, guys! This is nuts!" Mineta suddenly rushed into the common room, holding up a letter addressed to him from Midoriya. However, he and Kaminari were beyond shocked when they realized that they all had received letters from the green haired boy.

"You got one too?!" Kaminari freaked, while Shoji muttered to himself, "What's going on with him..." Meanwhile, from across the room, Tsuyu held her letter while glancing at Ochaco, who stared blankly at hers.

Turns out... the letters revealed Midoriya's true power, One for All, the Quirk's past, and how it is connected to All Might, Shigaraki, and All for One.

Ochaco pressed the top of the letter to her forehead as she gritted her teeth with sorrowful yet frustrated chocolate eyes, wanting to cry but still in shock.

Even if you define a hero as someone willing to suffer in silence, then...

"That dummy..."

... who's there for them when they're in pain?

~To be continued...~