Two Heroes - Chapter 4: Spotted

3rd Person POV

The team ran up the never-ending stairwell, ensuring to keep a steady-breathing pace while also not running too slow.

Midoriya, Iida, and Todoroki lead the way. However, Iida and Midoriya suddenly halted when they reached a specific indicator on the wall...

"Level 30." Iida stated, taking a quick breath. "Wait, Melissa, how high does it go?" Midoriya turned to look at the blonde a staircase below her, who was holding onto the rail as she took in deep breaths. "Two hundredth floor..." "The what?!" Kaminari freaked and Mineta's eyes shot open, "That's way too many stairs!" "But it's still better than running into the villains." stated Yaoyorozu, and they continued to run up the stairs.

"Oh my God— My feet are DYING!" Miku groaned a loud sigh as she still continued to rush up the stairs. Yet instead of getting the sympathy she wished for, her best friend was glaring at her from next to her with an 'are you serious' look on her face.

"Then take off the goddamn shoes, Miku." "NO! I paid a lot for these—! I'm not losing them!"

Once they reached level 50, Uraraka looked behind her to check on Melissa, only to find her struggling to keep up. "Hey, Melissa! Do you want me to use my Quirk on you?" "I'll be fine, but thanks anyway. Save your power for when we need it...! I'm right behind you!" Melissa breathed in a quick breath as she took off her heels and threw them down the stairs, picking up her pace.

When the teens reached level 70, they stopped once they saw that the rest of the stairs were blocked by a metal door. "The route's blocked...!" Iida stated, a bit of fear clear in his voice. "What should we do? Break through it?" Todoroki questioned as everyone breathed in and out rather quickly, everyone needing to catch their breath. "If we did that, I'm sure the security system would alert the villains that someone's in here." Melissa hastily informed.

With a curious look in his eyes, Mineta looked up at a metal door beside the stairwell and reached for the lever. "Then why don't we go through this door instead—?" "Mineta!" Midoriya warned. "No, don't!" Melissa exclaimed in a panic... but Mineta had pulled the lever and the door opened nonetheless.

"Wow, great job Mineta for listening." Miku scoffed as she crossed her arms. "I didn't just climb all those stairs in these giant heels for you to screw it all up." While Miku pouted with puffed cheeks, Vanessa playfully rolled her eyes.

"It doesn't matter now that we unlocked the door. Let's hurry!" Melissa declared, and the students now ran down an enormous never-ending hallway.

"Is there another way to go up?" Todoroki asked, running along the rest of the teens. "There should be another emergency staircase down at the end of the hallway!" Melissa answered through breaths, as Iida led the way, "Let's hurry!" The class rep stated when the metal gates in the hallway suddenly began to close, blocking the enormous hallway into closed-off sections..

Todoroki, Iida, Midoriya, and Vanessa grunted with a gasp as the group halted. "The gates!" Midoriya exclaimed. "The ones behind us, too!" Yaoyorozu stated, looking behind her. The gate in front of them was about to close and lock them in, but Iida gasped under his breath and quickly called his classmate. "Todoroki!"

"I'm on it!" With his right foot out, Todoroki sent a wave of ice through the gate to keep it open as Iida jumped through. Will a yell, he kicked a metal door open with his Recipro that led to another room, ripping the bottom-half of his pants. "Everyone, quick, we can cross through here!" Iida motioned over to him with his hand, and the rest of the teens jumped through the gate and entered the stadium.

They were now on the eightieth floor. As they ran through the area, they took in their surroundings: an elevator tower in the center of the area and the rest of the giant stadium surrounded by plant life.