Chapter 124: The Aftermath

(Whenever the students from 1-A show up to visit those in the hospital, they're in their school uniforms)

3rd Person POV

In the aftermath of the Paranormal Liberation War... the frontline survivors and those who rushed to the front line after completing their evacuation and rescue duties all joined forces to stop Shigaraki from escaping.

The Nomu were commanded to team up and execute distraction and disturbance strategies. As they made trouble for the heroes, three of the Nomu's were brought down. However, seven of them, along with Shigaraki and his people, managed to flee without a trace.

Gigantomachia and Mr. Compress were apprehended. Re-Destro, Geten, Trumpet, and other members of the Paranormal Liberation Front in attendance at the assembly were also captured. In total, 16,929 individuals.

However, Gigantomachia's rampage allowed 132 of them to escape, including high-ranking advisers. Their bases scattered around the country were hit as well... and the sympathizers were rounded up.

Shigaraki had truly died. His rebirth was cut short the moment the equipment was destroyed. That slight zap of electricity, which the nearby X-less didn't even feel himself, wasn't enough to revive Shigaraki. Instead, what brought him back to life was his dream and his hatred.

Shigaraki's singular obsession... cost so many lives...

Including Nemuri Kayama... Midnight.

Miku Yui's POV

"PLEASE let me stay with her!!" I begged the nurses, who were currently wheeling Vanessa off to God-knows-where.

After waking up in Iida's arms, still wearing my hero costume... I found myself in the hospital.

And when I had heard what happened from Iida during the war today... I couldn't believe my ears.

Not only was my boyfriend pierced with multiple rod-like metal things...

The super villain Dabi was Toya Todoroki, the eldest Todoroki sibling...

And he burned my best friend's left eyelid and left forehead to almost a crisp.

"Ma'am, with all due respect, we need to treat her injuries immediately...!" The nurse pushing her bed told me. "If not, she can permanently lose sight in her left eye." Another nurse said.

I desperately grabbed my best friend's cold hand in my own, "Vanessa!!" I cried out, tears escaping my amethyst eyes, but that was when the third nurse gently pushed me back. They then escaped from my view and into the operating room before I even had a chance to react.

Letting out a slow and long sigh, I turned on my heel and headed for the waiting room. I stepped up to the front desk and rested my arm on the wood. "Hey, I'd like to request that Vanessa Freitas be put in the same room as Shoto Todoroki."

The receptionist eyed me weirdly, which confused me. "U-Um, w-why are you requesting this exactly ma'am...?" "They're lovers but more importantly soulmates, and she got burned from a family member of his. They need to go through this traumatic battle together." I replied in an instant, very sternly, too.

She looked at me more weirded out than before, before sighing under her breath, but I still heard her! "Alright, I will see what I can do." Oh, thank God. I nodded with a smile, "Thank you. Also, what room is Katsuki Bakugo in?"

The receptionist nodded, kind of like a signal that she was getting on it. After ten seconds, she examined something on her computer. "He's in room 162. He should be out of surgery." "Thank you." I tapped the counter before I walked off and through the halls.