Chapter 89: Hold On for Her Sake

Miku Yui's POV

The injured heroes from the fight against Shie Hassaikai were hastily transported to a nearby hospital. Fortunately, I had no injuries so I didn't need to be checked out when I arrived at the hospital with Ochaco, Tsu, and Midoriya, my classmates that were not hurt.

Once the nurses made sure to double-check me for any injuries, I was able to get dressed into my school uniform and head out. I exited the room I was examined in as I swung my turquoise backpack over my shoulders...

... and then I then noticed Mr. Aizawa coming out of the elevator from a lower level.

"Hey, Mr. Aizawa!" I called my teacher eagerly, running over to him as I clutched my backpack straps, panic instantly rising in me, "How is Vanessa?! And everyone else?" "Don't worry, I can fill you in." He sighed, looking more depressed than usual.

Huh... Did something happen on that lower level... maybe?

"How are you doing, sir?" "Just needed some stitches. Now, come with me." He motioned me over to the elevator. We then stepped in and Mr. Aizawa set it to the fourth floor, as he began to fill me in...

"Kirishima's covered with bruises and lacerations from head to toe, but he'll live. Amajiki cracked a bone in his face, and he has some other minor injuries, but none of them should leave a scar. Fat Gum has a few broken bones too, but he seems mostly fine otherwise. Also during the fight, Rock Lock was attacked by Toga from the League of Villains."

What?! Toga from the training camp was there?! Wow, what—?!

"Luckily, the blade that stabbed Rock Lock didn't hit any vital organs, so he should make a full recovery." Mr. Aizawa cut my thoughts off, and we now stepped out of the elevator. It took about twenty seconds to get to the room he wanted to take me to. And when we reached it, I noticed Eri breathing heavily and her face all red from a fever due to her Quirk through the window.

"Based on Midoriya's description of what happened, nobody is allowed to see her." Mr. Aizawa sternly stated, a seemingly sad look in his strained eyes, "She's got a dangerous Quirk and no control over it. If something provokes her enough to activate it again... I'm the only one who can stop her. Who's to say how powerful she really is. We have no idea what her limits are, so it's dangerous to come into contact with her in these conditions."

I frowned at the sight, yet Mr. Aizawa began leading me further down the hallway. "Teaching her control will be especially hard since her Quirk only seems to work on people. When you're training on live subjects, the danger is exponentially greater." We made a right for one of the next hallways. "Her emotional state will be effective too. With so many unknowns, it makes sense to keep her quarantined. For her sake as well as ours."

We suddenly stopped and I heard myself loudly gasp when I saw it—

Through this window, I could see Vanessa hooked up to many support machines... still as unconscious as she was when I held her in my arms.

"Small parts of three of her organs, along with her entire gallbladder were destroyed from the first spike. Fortunately, she was able to get a small skin, intestine, stomach, and pancreas transplant, along with a full gallbladder transplant... and all from an elder who was already passing away and willing to give up their organs. However, the middle of the femur in Freitas' right thigh was completely shattered due to the second spike. Surgery won't even help, neither would a femur transplant."

I heard a horrified shriek leave my lips. Fortunately though, Mr. Aizawa seemingly understood why and didn't seem to mind it. "Also, her somehow re-formed cutting scars will easily heal in no-time." he added.