Chapter 39: A Father With No Sense of Fashion

Vanessa Freitas' POV

"Mhmmm..." I groaned tiredly, lazily opening my eyes...

And let me tell you, what I witnessed was the most adorable thing I have ever seen.

Shoto was spooning me, drool dripping slightly from the tips of his mouth. His face held pure peace. Aww, dammit— I can't help myself! Without pulling away, I reached for my phone with my free hand and snapped a picture of my boyfriend.

I slowly kissed his lips, waking him up just like I wanted. "... Vanessa...?" He mumbled, half asleep. I hummed softly, my lips only a centimeter away from his, "Hmm. It's me. I have to get to school today, so I need to get up."

Shoto's eyes shot open, signaling that he was now fully awake. His eyes then quickly darted down "But, love... it's summer vacation..." He questioned, purely confused. I think he didn't want to offend me...?

I giggled softly, "Oh, well, you see, I have a reason......"

~Two weeks ago~

"Wait, so we're not supposed to take any long trips over summer vacation?" Ochaco asked all of us girls. We were all huddled around Yao-Momo's desk, discussing summer vacation. I knew that the school had accepted Shoto, Eijiro, Bakugo, Miku, and I's trip to I-Island due to our invitations to the Expo, so I guess that was an exception?

Kyoka crossed her arms, "Yeah, apparently that's what the school said." Yao-Momo sighed, placing her hand to her chest. "How unfortunate. I was supposed to spend several weeks touring Venice with my parents." "What is your life?!" Ochaco freaked, her eyes full of disbelief as she 'fainted' backwards onto the floor.

"Awwww, and I just bought, like, a bajillion new swimsuits...!" Mina pouted, her shoulders falling in despair. "Well, that's what'll happen when your class is attacked by the League of Villains. I know, it sucks." I sighed, running my fingers through my forehead bangs.

"But I wanna do something!" Mina whined, throwing her arms around in the air with her hands in fists, "I don't wanna spend my whole summer bored! That's so dumb—!"

"I've got it!" Toru interrupted Mina, bursting with excitement, "Why don't we hang out at the school pool over summer vacation, huh?!"

"Good idea." Tsu pointed a finger to her chin, "I bet we can talk the teachers into letting us use it if we ask them nicely." "Plus, it'll be free, so we'll save money." Ochaco pointed out. "That's way better than being cooped up in my room playing video games." Miku added with a grin as she crossed her arms, glancing over at me. "Leave it to me...!" Yao-Momo burst out of her seat with her hands together in excitement, "I'll start working on a formal proposal right away...!"

~Present~

"Oh. I'm sorry if I offended you, then." Shoto glanced down at my chest, probably wanting to avert eye-contact. A gasp escaped my lips before a smile formed, "You didn't offend me, hun...!" I giggled, and I think it was contagious because Shoto let out the cutest giggle before he kissed my forehead and sat us up.

After putting on my ring that I had placed on the nightstand, I opened his closet, taking out my old clothes I hung from yesterday.

"Um, princess?" Shoto suddenly spoke up from behind. "Yes, hun?" I asked, turning to him as I simultaneously opened his clothing drawers. "Your clothes from yesterday haven't been washed. You need new clothes." "Yeah, I know, but I don't have any—"

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Shoto walked up to me and placed a large hoodie that was the same blue as his hero costume and black jeans in my hands, along with a belt. "You wear a belt with your hero costume, so this belt shouldn't be much of a problem."