Chapter 115: First Time on the Job

Vanessa Freitas' POV

We followed Endeavor down the street when suddenly he sped down the street with Flashfire. I gasped and quickly grabbed Shoto's hand just as he started creating an ice path for him to ride on. He responded quickly, took both my hands, and wrapped them around his waist, with my chest smushed into his back.  "Don't let go, love." "Wasn't planning on it." Meanwhile, to keep up, Bakugo used his explosions to fly through the air and Midoriya used his Quirk to run as fast as Shoto and I traveled.

"Wait up!!" Bakugo growled as he increased the size of his explosions. "He responds fast." Shoto added. I nodded with my head against his shoulder. Pulling out my pencil from my belt, I rolled up my sleeve, drew a jetpack, and as soon as it was strapped to my back, I hopped off Shoto and flew alongside Bakugo.

Now hitting a turn in the road, Endeavor turned onto the street without even stopping his acceleration!! How did he do that?! I don't think science works like that— 

No. I quickly shook my head back and forth as we turned and followed Endeavor. Stop thinking like a nerdy student, Vanessa! And start thinking more like the supernatural!

Our target increased his speed on the bike, but Endeavor managed to swoop in and knock him off the bike. Two of Endeavor's sidekicks took him, replying to their boss that they caught the hit-and-runner. "One step too slow, students." He told us with a scoff while Midoriya and Bakugo tried to catch their breath. Meanwhile, I landed onto my feet next to the two of them and erased my jetpack.

"Only 'cause it takes me extra time to fire up the sweat in winter." Bakugo growled as he panted, shoulders slouched. "Did you notice, Bakugo?" Shoto spoke up, cooling himself down. My boyfriend was met with Bakugo looking back at him with a toothy, know-it-all, cocky grin, "As if you'd ever notice something I couldn't...! Go on! What're you dying to point out?"

"Every time he dashes forward, he shoots fire out of his feet." Shoto said as cold breath escaped his lips, "I don't know if you saw it... but it's like that Jetburn move he used in Kyushu. It was probably a condensed version that drove him forward."

"Hmm..." I quietly thought out loud to myself as I tapped the eraser of my pencil to my chin. Maybe Shoto realized that because he has Endeavor's Hellflame Quirk—?

"I only realized this because I've got the same powers." Shoto added, and I felt my heart skip a beat. I awkwardly grinned, starting to fear that I maybe know my boyfriend a little too well...

"He's copying my Explosion move." Bakugo said sternly, but then grinned madly, acting all cocky again, "So what? Did you just notice that?" "Yeah. It took me a while." Shoto replied, wiping the sweat from his cheek with a determined grin...

... And I just stared at him with widened eyes... and I felt my cheeks boil red.

Rapidly shaking my head back and forth, I tried to calm both my red face and the feeling that tingled down there.

"Let me say one more thing..." Endeavor said with a thumb to the sky before he flew on ahead with his Flashfire, "Main street's over there." "We got this handled, so go ahead!" One of the sidekicks now told us, "It's rare that the boss is willing to teach anyone other than Shoto!"

Midoriya suddenly gasped when he realized something as we finished preparing our stances. Panic consumed me, and I quickly rolled up my sleeve, pressing the tip of my pencil to the healed scars on my skin—

"He's gonna cut off the escape route with flame blasts!" He exclaimed as he began running at super speed alongside my newly-drawn jetpack, Shoto's ice, and Bakugo's explosions.