Chapter 64: Upgrades

Vanessa Freitas' POV

As the days passed, our intense training to create our Ultimate Moves continued. Every day I would train with an Ectoplasm clone in order to further enhance my drawing abilities. For an Ultimate Move I have created, it wasn't actually an attack, but instead a problem-solver to my biggest weakness...

I had decided to work on using my Quirk on my skin; drawing on my skin.

If my drawing board fell out of my hands or was stolen, then I'd be able to draw on my skin. It was very difficult since my skin is not a good canvas, meaning that the drawings are messy... and they need to be accurate in order to be created. Therefore, the clone and I tried drawing different battle tools each day. And eventually, I would work up to drawing fictional characters, AKA people.

After today's training, Miku and I decided to go see Mei Hatsume and Power Loader to get some upgrades. I mean, now's the time to do them, right? And the two of us couldn't agree more.

We chatted about a new anime we had recently got into as we walked down the hall. And then out of nowhere, we spotted Shoto walking towards us. I heard myself shriek in delight, and I ran up to him, wrapping my arms around his torso and shoving my left cheek into his chest. "Hey, Sho! What are you doing here?" He chuckled softly in my ear, kissing my forehead before releasing the hug.

"I came here to see Hatsume." He lifted up his arms to reveal the new support items on his wrists, "I wanted to get these. They help reduce and increase temperatures."

My eyes scanned his new support items, they sparkled and I gasped in excitement, "Oh my gosh, that's amazing!" Shoto smiled softly down at him. He then waved over to Miku, and I looked over to my shoulder to see her wave back.

"Are you guys going to see Hatsume, too?" Shoto's gentle voice caught my attention once again, and I spun back to him. I nodded with a hum, while I heard Miku step up to my side and with a grin, "Yep."

Shoto firmly nodded and patted my the top of head before walking off, "Tell me how it goes later." "Alright! See you later!" I waved bye, a sweet smile on my lips... I missed him already.

~*~*~*~

At last, we had finally made it to the Department Studio. Since it was the polite thing to do, I knocked instead of just walking in, Miku standing up tall beside me. The door was quickly shoved open, revealing Mei Hatsume, and I couldn't help but giggle. Of course she would open a door like that.

She squealed very loudly, clapping her hands together, "Oh my GOODNESS more guests! Come in, come in!" She rushed us inside the studio, the largest of smiles on her face.

Once inside the room, I spotted Power Loader working at I think his station. The pro turned around slowly to see us, "Oh, hello there...! Are you Aizawa's students?" I nodded with a hum just before Miku quickly spoke, "Yep. We're here for costume upgrades."

"Of course." He responded, walking towards us. "What would you guys like?" "Well..." Miku started, holding her right hand to her chin, "I would like to get a small shield about the size of my torso that I can attach to the back of my skirt." She turned around to show the empty part of her skirt above her butt before turning back around to face the teacher, "I can stop time around me for a specific amount of time, but I think that a time shield that I can input my Quirk into would help. Oh—!" Her amethyst eyes shot open in excitement, "And if the shield can turn into, like, two military batons and vice versa that would be amazing!"

"Alright." Power Loader nodded, before turning to look at me. "And you?" I softly gasped under my breath, since the spotlight was now on me. I giggled nervously, "Oh, yeah! All I'd like is more pencil extension slots for the back of my belt. Like, right here." I turned around for a split second, revealing the one pencil slot and my drawing board strap on my belt directly over my butt, "That's all."

Power Loader nodded, making his way back to his—now I assume—desk. "Lets see, here." he mumbled to himself as I could see him looking at our student profiles on his electric screen, "Freitas, your belt extension won't take long whatsoever. However, Yui, your's will take a while because it is a large extension. Although the strap for the time shield for the back of your skirt is easy to add. You don't mind waiting on the shield, do you?"

Miku shook her head, "Nope. Not one bit." "Goo—" "C'mon, Mr. Power Loader! Just let ME make her shield!" Hatsume burst to her teacher with a mad-smile, interrupting him. Power Loader sighed under his breath, although I still heard it, "You can help. But, you can't complete the full piece by yourself...!" "Understood, Mr. Power Loader!" the pink haired girl stood tall with a salute.

"As of right now, you can get started on Freitas' belt." "AWESOME!" Hatsume rushed to me and spun me around, observing my belt by leaning in very close to it. I could tell that she wanted it, so I removed it from my waist, turned back around to face her, and handed it to her. As soon as she received it, she ran faster than fuckin' Iida and got to work.

~*~*~*~

The next day, we continued our training. I sat on the ground, my legs criss-crossed while drawing on my left arm, my sleeve rolled-up. Right now, I was trying to draw a specific katana I saw from an anime once, remembering how powerful it was.

While putting in the finishing touches on my arm, emerald sparkles appeared before me and formed the katana real world, the weapon landing in my lap.

"Yo, Vanessa, what was that?" "Huh?" I mumbled, caught off-guard by the sudden call of my name, and looked up. And there above me stood Denki—who had called me—and Eijiro, wearing their new costumes and upgrades.

And needless to say, they looked AMAZING!! <3

I giggled nervously as I held out my left arm for them to see, "Well, it's not really an attack, but it's my new Ultimate Move! If my drawing board gets lost or stolen, I can draw on my skin instead. I've been practicing making difficult weapons and objects the past couple of days." "Wow, that's awesome! Now you'll be able to use your Quirk no matter what!" Eijiro replied excitedly with a toothy smile, making me giggle.

"Oh! So, what about your upgrades?" I eagerly asked them with an excited smile, "How are you liking them?" "I'm loving mine! And now because of it, we look totally awesome!" Denki exclaimed as he placed one hand on his waist and the other to his forehead and held his head high, trying to strike a cool pose but actually looking over-dramatic. "You're not the only one here with a brand-new style...! We've all been making changes here and there. Now's the time to upgrade, right?" added Eijiro with a friendly smile.

"Just wait...!" Denki pointed to his chin with a massive smirk, "My new special gear is gonna blow your mind...! It's a serious power boost. Wanna see? C'mon, it's totally amazing—!"

"That's enough, Class A!" Mr. Vlad King's voice roared through the Gym, interrupting us, his own class behind him. He had a scowl on his face, "Class B is scheduled to use this training room every afternoon."

"Class B..." I groaned a sigh and facepalmed, while Denki was quick to grunt in annoyance, "Man..! Crap timing."

Mr. Aizawa and Vlad King had a long argument about timing and the licensing exam, us learning that we and Class B will be in separate locations.

Additionally, the point on how only 50 percent of students pass the licensing exam, which you could guess: freaked me the fuck out.

I didn't like those odds.