Two Heroes - Chapter 2: Unexpected Encounters

3rd Person POV

Upon noticing the two best friends, Uraraka, Jiro, Yaoyorozu, the blonde girl, and Midoriya walked over towards the two girls while Vanessa had hid her face in her hands.

"Oh my goodness...! Yui and Freitas!" Uraraka burst, jumping in front of the girls' table. "What are you guys doing here?" Midoriya enthusiastically asked, following Uraraka. "Did you get invited to I-Expo?" Yaoyorozu questioned, calmly walking alongside Jiro and the blonde.

"Yep! Katsuki invited me. And Todoroki with her." Miku pointed over towards her embarrassed bestie, who only now had the courage to look up from her hands and wave hi. Miku motioned them to sit down with them, and the girls took their seats around the table... Meanwhile, Midoriya managed to escape to his own isolated table, relieved that he would no longer have to be kept on edge; Only the blonde knew that he was invited as All Might's guest, and it was a major challenge keeping that secret.

"I'm sorry if this sounds rude but... who are you?" Miku bluntly asked, pointing towards the blonde girl with long hair and aqua eyes behind circular glasses. The stranger blinked once, but then she smiled brightly. "I'm Melissa! Melissa Shield! It's so nice to meet you! Are you also from Deku's class?" Miku nodded, and Melissa now leaned in closer, her breasts hitting the edge of the table. "What are your names?"

"I'm Miku Yui." the purple-grey haired girl smiled kindly, before her eyes looked over to her best friend. Relaxing her shoulders, the brunette stood up straight against the chair. "And I'm Vanessa Freitas."

Melissa's eyes widened in astonishment, "Oh? You're not Japanese?" Vanessa's heart drastically began to pick up the pace; She wanted to hide under the table. Nevertheless, Miku noticed she was having an internal-panic and spoke for her. "She's an exchange student. From Canada." A soft gasp left Melissa's lips, before she smiled brightly. "That's neat! My father's from America!"

"Oh—! I've been meaning to ask... What have you guys done at U.A.?" Melissa questioned all of a sudden, clearly excited for an answer. "We've trained with Pro Heroes before. Besides villain attacks, I guess that's all." Vanessa said, now comfortable and fully immersed in the conversation. "Wow, so you really got to work with Pro Heroes?? Like, out in the field??" Melissa shrieked, bursting with excitement.

"Just normal training and a few patrols...!" Uraraka giggled nervously, waving her hands around. "I helped out with a hostage crisis, but only the evacuation part." Jiro added, resting her elbow on the table and grinning towards the intrigued blonde. "Still amazing though." Melissa replied, leaning in forward. Yaoyorozu was quick to put a hand on her chest and sigh in embarrassment of her internship, "Somehow I ended up in a TV commercial for hair products..." "Sounds like an experience. Lucky." Melissa giggled, which made Yaoyorozu smile kindly.

"We were thinking about going to check out the pavilion where the Academy's exhibit is tomorrow" Jiro said, making Uraraka burst with joy, "I'm really excited!" "Hehe, I can tell." Vanessa giggled just as she noticed Kaminari and Mineta walk up towards Midoriya. Mineta held the two girls' order in his hands on a tray while Kaminari slammed down a glass of water with an adorable All Might-shaped lemon on top.

"Thanks for waiting!" Kaminari exclaimed, and as Midoriya looked up at the voice, the girls also looked over to his table. "I know that voice... Kaminari!" Midoriya exclaimed, surprised to see yet another one of his classmates. "Is that... Mineta?!" Uraraka freaked, and the short boy winked.

Kaminari took the tray holding Vanessa and Miku's order out of his shorter friend's hands and placed the food and drinks down in front of them, "Thanks for waiting, girls! I tried my best to get you the special treatment." Miku laughed while Vanessa sweetly smiled, "No problem. Thanks, Kami!"