Chapter 3: Entrance Exam Encounter

Vanessa Freitas' POV

Today was the day of the entrance exam and I couldn't be more excited and nervous at the same time! What if I fail?! What if Miku fails?! WHAT IF WE NEVER GET TO BECOME HEROES?!?! I ALREADY SACRIFICED SO MUCH TO BE HERE IN JAPAN—

I took a deep breath to try to calm down, but it didn't help. I always freak out over everything and always try to find the worst possible outcome instead of finding the best.

I put on the same outfit that I wore to the gym on Sunday along with my pink scrunchie and aqua green shoes. Leaving the hotel, I walked to Miku's dad's house and rang their doorbell.

I heard a girl scream, "COMING!" from the other sound of the door and I immediately recognized the voice. The door opened to reveal a panting Miku, also dressed in the same attire she wore on Sunday. I quickly ran up and hugged her while starting to panic. "Oh my God, Miku, I'm so nervous, what if you fail what if I fail what if we never become heroes what if our—"

"VANESSA!" Miku yelled at me, snapping me out of my panic. "Our lives are not over. We'll do our best, and if we don't get in, U.A. doesn't know what they're missing." I laughed at Miku's comment and I eventually let go of her, allowing her to put on her blue sneakers.

Her aunt offered to give us a ride to U.A., but we politely rejected her. We wanted to walk to U.A. together so we would know how long it took to get from Miku's house to U.A. if we got in. I put on the timer as we started to walk. On the way we talked about the possible outcomes of the exam and what it could be. When we arrived at U.A., I checked the time to see how long it took. It took us about forty minutes to get there because we had to board the train and then walk. We giggled in excitement as we entered the U.A. property.

There was no school today for U.A. students so the building was empty, except for the teachers and teenagers also here for the exams. Every teenager was escorted to a classroom to take the written exam, and that was when Miku and I separated. The written exam wasn't what I was stressed about, so I did surprisingly well on it. I hope at least.

Miku Yui's POV

When me and Vanessa were separated, my insides started to twist in a panic. I hadn't told Vanessa but I was really stressed about the written exam as much as the practical exam. If I told her though, she would become more stressed and would continuously force me to study with her. And there's nothing more I hate than studying. After we entered the room and started writing, I realized it wouldn't be as hard as I thought it would be.

Once we finished, I texted Vanessa my location in the crowd and she found me about a minute later. "Hey girl! How was your written exam?" she asked me smiling. "It was good, but by the way you're looking, I'm guessing yours went fantastic." "Oh it did but I'm smiling so I don't cry because I'm gonna fail the practical exam so hard."

I rolled my eyes and gave her a quick hug. "You won't fail Vanessa. There's clearly a reason U.A. decided to invite an exchange student to their entrance exams— They clearly saw high potential in you. We'll get into U.A. together. The worst possible outcome is that we don't get that same class." She was crying but her tears stopped and she smiled. "Is that smile actually real?" I asked and lightly laughed. She giggled, "Yeah, this time it actually is." I gave her a smile back when a booming voice came onto the speaker. It was the pro hero Present Mic, and according to my research, one of the teachers at U.A.

He told us the rules of the exam and how we need to pass. We had to destroy as much of the robots as we could before time was up. Vanessa shook me ever so slightly and whispered, "I can draw a robot to fight these robots." We laughed quietly, knowing she was only joking but the plan was actually a pretty cool one.

3rd Person POV

"Three, two, one, GOOOOOOO!!" Present Mic screamed, almost making the two girls clutch their ears to prevent the sound from infecting them.

The two girls ran off together, nodding their heads when they saw the first couple of robots entering the exam. "Whatever happens Miku, we need to stay together." Miku nodded before yelling out an "Okay!" The two girls ran towards the robots ready for combat. This was the first time the girls have battled something like this, so they were quite nervous for what was to come.

Vanessa drew an exact replica of the robots they were fighting but bigger to fight for her. Miku froze some of the robots and broke them with her kicks. Miku, Vanessa, and the robots Vanessa had created earlier traveled around in order to find some more enemies. After another five to ten minutes of battling mini robots, the big guns came out. They were about as tall as a ten story building! It was insane! Vanessa looked at Miku as she told her the plan she just thought of. She would create a robot the same size as the one they were currently facing, while Miku freezes them so her robots can kill the evil one without getting injured. Vanessa created the robot and Miku ran up to the evil beasts and froze it.

Miku Yui's POV

I was focusing on holding my Time Stop, when a voice suddenly yelled from behind me. "HEY! GET OUT OF THE WAY, YOU IDIOT!"

I bolted around to notice mini robots about to attack me. I put my arms in front of my face and braced for the attack, when I suddenly heard an explosion go off. I opened my eyes to find that the robots were destroyed and the boy who had obnoxiously screamed at me earlier was now in front of me, his head facing the ground. "Th-Thank you..." I breathed out to the boy, still panting from shock. "If you hadn't saved me, my Quirk would have disabled on the mega robot my best friend is currently fighting right now." The boy snarked, "Next time, watch yourself dumb—... ass..."

He looked up at me and stuttered on his last word when he saw me. I was speechless when my eyes locked with his... He was really pretty. I thought my heart was going to explode. He had spiky ash blond hair and piercing scarlet eyes, and he was very muscular.

"I... I..." I stuttered to say something. The boy opened his mouth, but nothing seemed to come out of it. "I-I'm Miku Yui..." I had finally managed to say.

The boy glared downward, "Katsuki Bakugo," he replied, before walking away. I hadn't even noticed that the mega robot had already been defeated about a minute ago and how Vanessa was staring at me with shock and a huge smile plastered all over her face.

Vanessa Freitas' POV

What I had just noticed has made the highlight of my worthless life. Oh. My. Lord! Miku was saved by a man who seemed to look very shy around her! I walked over to her, to find her still standing there, staring into space.

"Miku~!" I hummed, tackling her in a hug. "VANESSA— WHAT THE HELL!?!" Miku screamed back at me, scared from me snapping her out of her thoughts. "I saw what happened~" Miku giggled with an eye roll, "Yeah, let's get back to the exam." I sighed and laughed, "Okay, but after the exam I want every detail." I held out my hand for her to shake and she gladly accepted it.

3rd Person POV

It had been about fifteen minutes since Miku bumped into that boy, and the exam had just ended. Vanessa had decided that they should go get some McDonalds chicken nuggets to celebrate their success on the exam. They took the train back to Miku's dad's house and grabbed her wallet before they stopped by Vanessa's hotel room to grab her wallet as well. The girls got some McDonald's, went shopping for the day, and talked about the exam.

All that was left for the two girls was to get their U.A. result letters...