Chapter 109: The Dark Side of U.A.

Vanessa Freitas' POV

It was now the next day, and Midoriya, Togata, and I were summoned to the teachers' dorms. Mr. Aizawa wanted the four of us here for some reason, one that none of us know...

... and you can imagine my disappointment when I was met with Monoma.

Midoriya, Monoma, and I wore our school uniforms. Meanwhile, Togata wore a blue fall jacket, light blue jeans, a red and blue polka dot scarf, a brown belt, and blue sneakers.

Monoma sent Midoriya and I a devilish smirk with crossed arms, which made a shiver go up my spine. I glanced over to Midoriya who looked just as afraid as I am. Fortunately, before Monoma could open his mouth, a frantic little voice was heard.

"It's The Dark Side of U.A.!" Eri panicked, sweat dripping down her forehead as she stood next to Mr. Aizawa. Eri had on a turtle neck beige sweater shirt, maroon skirt, navy blue leggings underneath, and timberwolf grey fuzzy boots. And just like always, Mr. Aizawa was in his hero outfit. I've actually never seen him wear anything else but a suit...

"Hm? What's she saying exactly..." Monoma rhetorically asked before he started forcefully laughing with his arms out to the sides, "HA HA HA!! What EVER could the girl mean by that?!" "During the school festival, I told her that you're U.A.'s 'Dark Side'!" Togata exclaimed happily. "NONSENSE!! I walk the path of justice and others!!" Monoma fired back while Eri clinged to Togata's leg.

"Um..." Midoriya tried to speak up, looking over at me and then at Eri, "Does anyone know why we're all here?"

"Midoriya, Freitas, Togata, thanks for coming." Mr. Aizawa waved to us three students with his usual stoic glare, "Monoma's going to lend us a hand, but... I figured Eri could use some emotional support while he's around." "Is THAT how little you people think of me?! AHA HA HA" Monoma obnoxiously laughed at the end, which was quite annoying.

Without hesitation, Mr. Aizawa took us into the teachers' dorm building and I followed. Midoriya walked beside me probably so things wouldn't look awkward, since I'm on crutches which would mean everyone would walk faster than me. Togata took Eri's small hand into his and walked her inside. Mr. Aizawa walked in last with Monoma.

"Monoma, get to it." My teacher ordered the blond who gratefully got down to Eri's level. "Understood, Mr. Eraser!" He touched Eri's arm who started becoming nervous but Togata made sure to give her a bright smile and a thumbs up... and that warmed my heart.

Monoma used his Copy Quirk and formed Eri's little horn on the top, right side of his forehead. He touched it as he observed it and glanced over to us, "Hm... Yes, a 'blank'."

Huh? I tilted my head to the side in confusion.

"I'm so sorry to disappoint, Eraser." "Right. Too bad." Mr. Aizawa sighed, scratching the side of his head. Monoma glared down at the ground, before he eyed my friend next to me, "She's the same type as you... the type of Quirk that has to store something up." Midoriya's expression formed into shock and his skin looked like it was starting to turn pale.

"My power only copies the bare-bones essence of a Quirk. But if the copied ability needs to convert some stockpiled resource into energy, then I won't be able to replicate whatever is accumulated. It's an issue I run into now and then... and the reason why I couldn't manifest your super-strength even after copying it." Monoma stated rather calmly.

"But why copy Eri's power?" Togata questioned, and Mr. Aizawa responded instead, "Even if we could get Eri to activate her Quirk again, we run the danger of another rampage since she still isn't accustomed to it. I thought Monoma might be able to copy it and teach her how to use it to give her some peace of mind. But it looks like it's not gonna be that easy."

"... I'm sorry." Eri's sweet voice spoke up. She held the top of her turtleneck with her left hand as she touched her horn with her right hand, "I've caused so many problems... My power... just makes trouble for everyone... I wish I never had... this power..."

Hearing her say these things made me so, so sad. I walked over to her, leaned down on my left leg, and cupped her cheek with my right hand, "Aww, it's okay, sweetheart. Don't feel sorry."

Eri looked back up at me with pure guilt, and it broke my heart into millions of pieces, so I took my hand off her cheek. "B-But your leg bones got completely shattered because of me..." She glanced down to my braced-up right thigh, pure guilt on her face, "And you almost died..."

"Freitas' right, Eri. Your power isn't trouble. Did you forget already?" Midoriya popped in as he walked up to my side and crouched down to Eri's level. He outstretched his hand and gave her a big, bright smile...

 He outstretched his hand and gave her a big, bright smile

(I love that panel 😭😭😭😭)

"It's all about how you use it...! For example, a sharp knife is really dangerous, right?" Midoriya exclaimed as he made chopping motions with his hands, "But use it right and you can make some yummy food! So I think your power is really something!"

"You... think so?" Eri asked, like she was trying to deny it. Still, I couldn't help but grin happily, "Heck yeah, girl!"

Eri looked up at me with starry eyes before she nodded and clenched her hands into fists in front of her chest, "I'll keep trying...!"