CHapTeR itwoV

(Whenever the students from 1-A show up to visit those in the hospital, they're in their school uniforms)

3rd Person POV

In the hospital room meant for the scarred couple, Yao-Momo, Mina, Kirishima, and Shoji stood alongside Shoto's bed. His face was still bandaged, and the depressed look in his eyes never faded. His classmates couldn't even force a reassuring smile for him.

"I see she's no longer hooked up to those machines..." Yao-Momo tried to spark conversation, glancing over to Vanessa who laid unconscious in the opposite bed. "So, she should be waking up soon... right?" Kirishima dared to ask, impatient for his non-biological sister to finally wake up. Still, Shoto didn't even flinch.

"Don't let it get to you, dude." The redhead reassured him, though he knew that the dual haired boy would never let it go... how his older brother was never dead and instead a villain, and now his father was receiving all the backlash from the broadcasting... and the fact that his love was supposedly permanently burned because of him.

"It'll be alright..." Mina tried to reassure him, but she couldn't keep in her tears. The kind hearted girl felt so terrible for not only Todoroki, but her good friend Nessa. With a pained expression, Yao-Momo placed her hand on Mina's shoulder and brought the girl close to her, pressing her jawline into Mina's hair, "We saw it, Todoroki... We know about the situation... It'll be okay."

Shoto didn't dare reply. Mainly because his vocal cords were damaged, but also because he didn't want to. All he did was stare down at the palms of his bandaged hands, realizing that he would have to handle Toya instead of Endeavor... and that incredibly scared him, his eyes filled with horror.

Suddenly, the sliding door opened, and the dual haired boy finally looked up, along with his classmates.

"Shoto!"

There he saw his sister and brother... Fuyumi and Natsuo... and he gasped, wondering why they were here. Their faces were full of sorrow.

"Hello!" Kirishima blurted in shock, since he didn't have much time to think about what to say. "Oh, you must be—" Yao-Momo tried to say, but was cut off by an excited Mina. "Todoroki's big bro and sis! I've heard about you guys from Nessa! His throat's all burned so he can't talk..."

Fuyumi glanced over her shoulder, revealing a shadow behind her. And when the shadow stepped forward...

Shoto absolutely couldn't believe his eyes.

~*~*~*~

Endeavor laid in his hospital bed. He was still hooked up to a few machines, but still that didn't stop him from sitting up. After the doctor left the room, he couldn't hold in emotions anymore. He looked up to the ceiling with tears in his eyes and a horrified yet pained expression.

"My son's a mass murderer, yet... I can't fight him."

Suddenly, the door was shoved open, revealing Shoto staring at his father in complete and utter confusion. "Fa—"

"SHOTOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Shoto immediately closed the door and quickly whispered to his sister in his raspy voice, "He's crying!" Still, with a huff, Fuyumi gently shoved him behind her and opened the door again, their faces still filled with sorrow, "Dad... Good, you're up! And now we're all here together!"

Endeavor stared at his children in shock, "Are you all... okay...? What... about Vanessa...? Is she awake?" He dared to ask. Fuyumi sighed, folding her hands in her lap, "She's still unconscious." "Crying... over what, huh?" Natsuo tsked, feeling pretty pissed off from his father.