Heroes Rising - Chapter 11: Final Words to Him

3rd Person POV

Only a very short while after Nine's attack, Mr. Shimano arrived home and was greeted with his ever-so happy children.

Fortunately, Recovery Girl and Katsuma were able to heal Vanessa, Midoriya, Bakugo, and the rest of Class 1-A's injuries. Un fortunately though, they figured out the hard way that Katsuma couldn't actually heal a shattered bone like Recovery Girl had predicted—Vanessa's femur—but she reassured him it was okay with a head-pat and a motherly smile.

The students were able to protect the people of Nabu Island with very few wounded. The project was immediately suspended, however the students stayed a while longer on the island to help as much as they could with reconstruction.

And now, today is the day that Class 1-A of U.A. High School will be leaving Nabu Island.

After the entire class loaded their luggage onto the boat, everyone dressed in their school uniforms, Miku made her way up to the top deck and stood beside Vanessa, who was leaning her arms over the railing, just as she did on their way to the island. "Crazy class trip, huh?" "Yep." Vanessa responded with a soft smile.

As the boat now began its departure, the students of 1-A suddenly spotted Mahoro and Katsuma running towards the boat as Mahoro waved her hand through the air.

"Everyone!!" Mahoro shouted, "Thank you for protecting us all!!" The class waved back before Katsuma called out to Vanessa, "Ms. Vanessa!! I'll get stronger!! I promise you I will!! I'll get strong enough to protect Daddy and Mahoro!! Wait and see! And then, I'll be a cool hero just like you!! One who's willing to risk their life to save people!!"

Miku and Vanessa's eyes both widened, before Vanessa grabbed the railing with her hands and leaned over it, "Hey, Katsuma!! Remember: You can become a hero, okay?! Just as long as you try your very best!!"

Katsuma's eyes widened in utter shock as the two best friends waved goodbye to the Shimano kids. "I hope to see you at U.A. someday!!" the brunette yelled with the brightest smile.

At Vanessa's words, Katsuma stopped running along with Mahoro. And as Class 1-A left the island, Katsuma was left in astonishment. Yet, a bright and large smile soon formed on his face.

Maybe I CAN become a hero...!

A hero that saves people like Ms. Vanessa!