Chapter 2: Training

Vanessa Freitas' POV

Before I knew it, Friday and Saturday had already passed and it was Sunday! I put on a pink spaghetti strap top along with black jogging shorts and my belt which had a holder on the side for my drawing board (for Quirk usage). If there are two things I hate to wear while training, it's sports bras and leggings because I sweat a lot and underboob sweat sucks.

I tied my hair up into a ponytail with a matching pink scrunchie and put on my aqua green running shoes. I decided to bring along with me my drawing board (for my Quirk), the huge pink water bottle that I used for school, my wallet, my phone, earbuds, and some snacks for us. After I finished packing all my stuff in my gym bag, I locked my door behind me and headed to the elevator, ready to head to Miku's dad's place.

Miku Yui's POV

I was putting on my shirt when I heard my phone buzz. I checked my phone to see a text from Vanessa that said, "I'll be there in about five mins can't wait ♥" I smiled as I put my hair up into its usual left side ponytail above my left ear. I was wearing a purple short sleeved shirt with black leggings and a light grey jogging sweater. I chose to pack my phone, my wallet, a Sailor Moon water bottle I owned, and Advil in case I started to get headaches from using my Quirk too much.

As soon as I finished packing my stuff in my gym bag, I heard my doorbell ring. Vanessa. I ran down the stairs and opened the door to find my friend standing in front of me with a huge smile plastered all over her face. I laughed while saying "You smile too much." She laughed along with me with an "I know! Ready to go?" "Yep!"

I put on my blue shoes, stepped out of my house, locked the door, and we began to walk. We planned on taking the train to the gym so we could spend more time together. On the way we talked about what we should wear to the entrance exam. Vanessa planned on wearing the same thing that she was currently wearing and I thought that I should just do the same. When we finally reached the train, there was only one seat and we argued for so long over who should have the seat, that someone else took it and we both ended up having to stand. We didn't mind though, that man actually helped us because if he didn't, all we would have done during the train ride is argue over who should have the seat. And as we talked about my week at school, it felt like only seconds passed when we arrived at our destination. We got off the train and began to head to a nearby café for lunch.

"Okay the café should be iiiin...." Vanessa paused, looking at her maps on her phone, "That-a-way!" And when I finally reached the café, I hummed in delight at the sweet aroma of the food.

Vanessa Freitas' POV

After me and Miku ate lunch and talked more about her school week, we left the restaurant and began to walk towards the gym. It was a seventeen minute walk according to google and now it was currently 12:46 p.m. We were allowed in from 1-4 p.m. so we were good on time and when we reached the gym, it was 1:03 p.m. so we were allowed in. We set our stuff beside each other on the side benches and began to train.

I started by putting on my airpods and going on the treadmill because I love to run. I don't know if there's a running club in U.A. high but if there is, I'm SO joining it! I put the speed on a high level because I was a pretty fast runner. I looked over to my left to see that Miku had started on weights. They were 30 kg and her goal was to get to 60 at least. I'm proud of her because all I can lift is 20 kg because all my strength is in my legs— I have almost no upper body strength, just mainly lower. My Quirk doesn't really involve me having a lot of strength, but being able to lift at least 20 kg weights is good enough strength for me. I put on my favourite singers of all time, Little Mix, and continued to run.

Miku Yui's POV

I was doing really well lifting these 30kg's! My goal is to get to 60kg if I get into U.A. and I don't want to waste any time not improving my strength. I looked to my right to see Vanessa was listening to her music while running on the treadmill at an alarming speed. She can never focus on training if she isn't listening to music so that explained why she had her Little Mix music blasting at a very high sound. Oh my God that girl is way too fast for my liking. I giggled because of the thought and continued to lift my weights. Vanessa never really needed to improve her strength like I do. She needed to know how to be fast in order for her to draw her pictures in time. With me however, I have to be really strong because I involve using my body for punching, kicking, etc.

Vanessa Freitas' POV

After an hour had passed of me running and Miku lifting weights, I heard my stomach rumble and quickly remembered the snacks I brought for us. I stopped my treadmill and made my way towards Miku. I noticed that she was lifting a 40 kg weight and I smiled and did a silent cheer. "You're lifting a 40 kg! I'm such a proud mother!" Miku giggled and thanked me. "C'mon, I brought some snacks for us." Miku's face lighted up with happiness when I said the word "snacks". "YAY! Thanks so much!" I giggled, "You're welcome girl. Even though we ate literally an hour ago, food is the best thing to ever happen to us."

After we had some veggie sticks and cheese and crackers, we decided to spar. I got out my drawing board and belt holder and stood 10 feet away from Miku, ready to fight.

3rd Person POV

As soon as Vanessa took out her drawing board, she yelled "GO!!" and she began to draw two mallets as big as an size 8 foot, while Miku began to run to Vanessa with her hands giving off a purple light.

Vanessa's Quirk is called Draw to Life. She is able to make her drawings come to life. Her drawings can be anything from a small rock to a clone of a human. If her drawings are well drawn, they last longer. Her only weakness though is that if the drawings get exposed to any liquids-such as water-they dissolve and disappear.

When Vanessa finished drawing her mallets, she grabbed one with each hand and ran towards Miku. Fortunately for Miku, she slid beside Vanessa and touched her, causing her to freeze with a purple light emitting from her body.

Miku's Quirk is called Time Stop. She can freeze anyone in time with a touch of her hand. But the longer she freezes people in time, she starts to get massive headaches which slow her down.

Both of them needed to work on improving and strengthening their powers.

As soon as Miku froze Vanessa, she grabbed the mallets out of her hands and attacked Vanessa with them in her stomach. Only people that Vanessa had established a deep, personal bond with could use her drawings without them ripping to shreds upon the person's intent to use them. The brunette never knew why this was the case, but Miku suggested that it was because her drawings are connected to her heart—her deepest emotions and desires.

When Vanessa was released from being frozen, she clutched her stomach and screamed in pain. She immediately drew a longsword once she noticed that Miku was using the mallets she made. Miku attempted to smash Vanessa with the mallets, but Vanessa blocked using her longsword which caused Miku to fall to the ground. She jumped up and when Vanessa swung her longsword at Miku, she ducked and punched Vanessa in the stomach hard and she groaned in pain. Miku kicked Vanessa to the ground, grabbed her longsword, stepped on her stomach, and pointed it to her neck.

Vanessa Freitas' POV

I looked up to see Miku standing over me. She smirked and I let out a grin and laughed, "You win!" I said while giggling and Miku helped me off and we both apologized for hurting each other. We went to the medical room and cleaned up our wounds. This gym had a medical room because people were allowed to spar here. After we finished patching each other up, I decided to lift some weights with Miku.

~*~*~*~

When the clock struck 4:00, we packed up our stuff and left the gym. We decided to hang out at Miku's dad's house for the rest of the night. Her father, her aunt, and her grandparents welcomed me to dinner and to stay the night, wanting to get to know me better.

At her house, Miku changed her clothes and let me borrow one of her shirts so I wasn't in sweaty and stinky clothes. After we ate dinner, we spent the rest of the night playing Stardew Valley together.