Chapter 119: The Swan's Plea

3rd Person POV

On this beautiful Saturday in March, and also the day before she turned 17, Vanessa wanted to get some sunshine. And since it was the weekend, she asked her boyfriend if he would like to go on a little picnic with her. Unsurprising to her, he agreed and they set a time for noon.

Vanessa decided to wear a white crop top T-shirt with a grey butterfly in the centre, medium grey high waisted pants with a white butterfly on the upper right thigh, and white sneakers; she hadn't felt like wearing heels today. She also had a black, mini-backpack with her phone and drawing supplies in it, along with her hair in a high ponytail held up by a white scrunchie.

Feeling the urge to exercise, instead of taking the elevator, Vanessa walked down the stairs with the picnic basket in her hand and made her way to the kitchen so she could start packing up the food for lunch

When she entered the kitchen, she gasped under her breath when she saw her boyfriend already dressed and preparing lunch. He wore a black turtleneck sweater shirt, white jeans, and his red, white, and black sneakers that his love had gotten him for Christmas.

Todoroki heard the sound of footsteps and turned around. He smiled when he saw his girlfriend, "Good morning, my love."

"Good morning, Sho." She smiled back as she walked up to him and peeked around his shoulder to look at what he was doing, "Need some help with the sandwiches?" "No, I'm good." Todoroki reassured her, "I'm almost done, anyways. Thanks, princess."

"Well, in that case, I'll get a blanket." She sweetly replied before she strolled over to a nearby cupboard, bent down and grabbed one of the picnic blankets from it. Class 1-A had some stored away since many of the students in their class liked to use them for either indoor/outdoor hangouts or picnics.

After she had folded the wrinkled blue picnic blanket, since it had been roughly shoved into the cupboard, she placed it on the counter and started taking some water bottles out of the refrigerator. She then went to put them in her basket, but she realized she left it across the room.

The brunette sighed in disappointment, "Shoto, hun, can you grab me the basket plea—?"

Mina plopped down onto the common room couch, outstretched her legs onto the table in front of her, and pulled out her phone. She was just about to open Instagram when she suddenly felt thirsty, so she decided to get up and head over to the kitchen. Unfortunately for her, none of the Bakusquad boys were here for her to force them to get her water so she could chill; Discluding Bakugo of course, since he would threaten her for ordering him around.

When she entered the kitchen, Vanessa gasped when she spotted her friend, "Mina, help!"

The pink haired girl gazed up from her phone... and her eyes widened and jaw dropped at the scene before her.

Todoroki was tightly hugging Vanessa from behind, his arms around her stomach and his face shoved into the crook of her neck.

"... I fell into a trap. I asked him to grab the basket next to him and now..." Vanessa muttered in defeat, trying to wiggle out of his muscular arms, "He's got me and he won't let me go..."