Chapter 8 Autumn Harvest

The captain asked other educated youths to open up wasteland, but he didn't say anything when he saw that the two new female educated youths didn't come. If they don't work, there will be no points, and if there are no points, there will be no food. Then they will be hungry.

Xie Yun took her backpack and went up the mountain. When she reached the foot of the mountain, she saw Cow Dan, Gou Dan and a few children also hunting pig grass. When Goudan saw Xie Yun, he said happily, "Sister, why are you here?"

Xie Yun blushed slightly when she saw that it was all children. Was she fooling around with children? "Sister is also here to kill pigweed."

Goudan asked in surprise, "Sister, are you here to kill pigweed too? Then let's go together, I'll help you."

"No, no, just teach my sister what pigweed is." Xie Yun really didn't know what pigweed was.

"Then sister, let me teach you, this is Huihuicai..." Goudan knelt down and taught Xie Yun seriously. Xie Yun also studied it seriously, because she had read in novels before that some people did not know pigweed and took back the pigs that could not eat it, and even fed the pigs with diarrhea.

Xie Yun worked while learning. After finishing a basket of pigweed, she stood up and stretched her waist. If she had three baskets a day, it would take all morning. Fortunately, she didn't have to go to bed in the afternoon.

I carried the pigweed on my back and carried it to the pigsty, where the pig feeders were counting the pigs. After dumping the pigweed, I started to cut another basket. In this way, I finished cutting three baskets of pigweed at 11 o'clock and earned 2 points. When I got home, I was just in time to make lunch.

I steamed rice and made boiled meat slices. After eating, I took a nap. It was already after two o'clock when I woke up. I lay on the kang, took out the 㱒board from the space, and started watching TV series. These were downloaded a while ago. She was a homebody before, didn't like to socialize and had few friends. Now that she has space, she has become more homebound. There are many USB flash drives in the space where she has downloaded many movies, TV series and novels. Now that she is here, she just needs to use them.

In the evening, I cooked it directly in the dining room. After dinner, I ate some fruits, washed up, soaked in the hot springs, did some skin care, and went to bed.

I was still woken up by the alarm clock in the morning. When I got up, I still didn't turn on the fire. I ate some ready-made food and turned it on. When we arrived at the wheat field, we still stood next to the old educated youth, and now we saw the two female educated youths coming. The captain looked at her and said, "You will be fighting pigs from now on. You don't have to report here every day. Just complete the task every day."

"Okay, captain, I'll do the work first." After Xie Yun finished speaking, she was about to do the work. At this time, the short-haired female educated youth said: "Why is her work so easy? I want to do it too."

The captain frowned when he looked at this female educated youth. The two of them didn't come to bed yesterday, so they looked for help when they did. "It's fine if you want. It's 2 cents a day and you won't get much food at the end of the year. If you don't have enough food, you have to buy it yourself. The team doesn't have food to lend you."

"Then how can she do it?" The short-haired female educated youth pointed at Xie Yun and asked.

Xie Yun also felt confused. What kind of work she did was assigned to the captain, so why did she bite her? When he saw the short-haired female educated youth pointing her finger at her, she said: "If you want to do it, you can do it. If you don't want to, I'll pull you down. What's wrong with me doing this job? I earn less work points and I can use it as long as I can. It's none of your business. I'm free." you"

The short-haired female educated youth got angry and pointed at Xie Yun: "You, you, you..."

"What are you doing? You don't know that it's impolite to point your finger at others. Why are you so well-educated?" Xie Yun said hello to the captain and then left.

The short-haired female educated youth was angry where she was, her face red and her neck thick. Looking at it, the captain thought to himself that Xie Zhiqing was quite a powerful person. The educated youths next to him also thought to themselves that this was not someone to be trifled with either.

After Xie Yunqian, the team leader also said: "Let's all go to work." After that, he stopped.

The remaining educated youths were all gone, and only the short-haired educated youths were left angry by themselves.

Xie Yun finished the work earlier than yesterday. After delivering the pigweed, she went straight up the mountain with her basket on her back.

Go up the mountain and follow the mountain road to see.The wild vegetables have been dug up and there are not many firewood. They have all been picked up. After wandering into the mountains for about half an hour, things began to increase. Xie Yun dug some familiar wild vegetables and planned to go back. When going back, Xie Yun found that it was not a mountain road but a descent from the ridge.

The family just started cooking over the fire. They made a wild vegetable salad, steamed rice, and took out the prawns in the space to make salt-baked prawns. After eating, I took a nap. I didn't feel very tired from going up the mountain today. It seemed that the original owner was in good health. I woke up in the afternoon and continued watching TV series. Fortunately, I bought a solar charger, otherwise it would have been boring in this era of no electricity.

After that, Xie Yun lived a life of watching TV series and going to Tianshan every now and then after finishing pigweeding every day. Niu Dan and Gou Dan brought her firewood every day, and now her firewood shed was almost full. It's very cold here in winter. She plans to put some more by the firewood shed, which will be enough.

The autumn harvest will be here in a while. Now Xie Yun starts to go up the mountain after hunting pigweed during the day because nuts can be picked up on the mountain.

Xie Yun especially likes to eat pine nuts, but you have to dig deep into the pine nuts to get some. Xie Yun took advantage of the space and the electric baton to go further in these days, and picked up a lot of pine cones, mushrooms, walnuts, and fallen hazelnuts. Sometimes when she encounters pheasants and rabbits, she keeps them in the space and makes some dried chickens and rabbits.

When it was almost time to pick up the food, Xie Yun stopped picking it up and started cooking food at home. Because the autumn harvest is coming soon and I have other work to do after cutting pigweed, there is no time to rest. Now I can put the extra work in the space and take it out when I eat.

In the first two days of the autumn harvest, the housewives at home would take a rest and ride on a bullock cart to buy some oil and water to replenish themselves during the autumn harvest. Xie Yun also went to town once, collected the subsidy money and tickets given to her, bought some fine grains and pork, and came back.

She has not had much contact with the people of the Educated Youth Institute for a while, but she heard that the educated youth are coming again. But these have nothing to do with her, she just needs to live her own small life.

On the autumn harvest day, the team leader finished his speech in the morning and started work. Xie Yun and the educated youths were all assigned to break the corn. After breaking the corn, they had to be carried on the ground, and there were special people to pull it.

Xie Yun used to read novels about how she shaved her face with the leaves of the corn when she broke off the corn, and her hands turned red. Today she came fully armed. I wore a gauze scarf on my head, gloves on my hands, and long clothes and long trousers with good ventilation

Xie Yun didn't feel anything at first. After a while, she felt hot and her hands were sore. Looking around, I saw that the group of female educated youths on the left and her were not as fast as her.

The short-haired female educated youth also slacked off while working, taking a break from work. Fortunately, they work in separate sections, and it takes 8 work points to complete this section. Once you're done, you're ready to go