Chapter 13 Cat Winter

"Xie Zhiqing, do you still have enough firewood to burn here?" the captain's wife came into the room and sat on the kang and asked.

Xie Yun poured a cup of hot water for the brigade captain's wife, added some brown sugar to it, brought it over and put it on the kang table and said: "It's hot enough. Auntie, drink some water to warm yourself up." Niu Dan and Goudan were talking after the first snowfall. She refused to let the two children go as it started to snow and it became unsafe on the mountain. She agreed with them to start again next year when it gets warmer. Now she has enough firewood to burn the yard until next summer.

The brigade leader's wife held it in her hand and covered her hands and said, "Xie Zhiqing is like this. Someone in the village wants to get married and he doesn't have enough tickets, so he wanted me to ask you, can I exchange some with you?"

In fact, people in the village were jealous when they saw that Xie Yun was living such a good life. Xie Yun also thought about this problem at that time, so when Xie Yun was applying for the transfer of subsidies, she specifically asked the village chief to take him to do it, that is, she had to use the village Chang Ekou told others that she was an orphan of a martyr. If you want to harm her, you have to consider whether you can bear the consequences. Later, Qin Minghao arrived and let the villagers see that she was not an orphan without anyone to care about her. Qin Minghao wore a military uniform and had four pockets.

Then Uncle Wang mailed another package and wrote a registered letter. This time, no one came to mess with her.

Xie Yun smiled and said, "Auntie, I wonder what kind of ticket you want to exchange for?"

"I want to exchange for 3 feet of cloth coupons and 5 business coupons. Do you have them? If I exchange them, I will never let you suffer."

"Auntie, I do have some. I wonder what they would give them in exchange for them?"

"Xie Zhiqing, you can change whatever you want."

Xie Yun said: "Auntie, I will give you the ticket. You can exchange it for me some hazelnuts and pine nuts. I don't know how much I can exchange for it. Auntie, please come here. I trust you." Since she went to the countryside, The captain's family took special care of her, and she was willing to give this favor to the captain's wife.

The brigade captain's wife was happy when she heard this and said: "Xie girl, don't worry, my aunt will never let you suffer." After saying this, the two chatted for a while, and Xie Yun also heard about the county from the brigade captain's wife. There is food for sale on the black market, and the price is not high. This shows that Brother Qiang is indeed selling the grain at the price she said. Many people should be better off, and she can send another batch over in a few days.

I heard from my aunt that the Educated Youth Academy was not quiet at the moment. Behind them, two more female and two male educated youths came to the Educated Youth Academy. There was really no room for you in the Home for Educated Youth, so there was no way the village leaders held a meeting and decided to build another house for you in the Home for Educated Youth. When there are more people, there are more right and wrong. They used to eat together in a big pot, but then they ate separately.

Later, there was an educated youth named Wang Qing, whose family conditions were quite good, but she had a stepmother and a step-sister. The stepmother gave birth to a younger brother, and she established a firm foothold in the family.

Her stepsister was jealous of her father's kindness to her, so she secretly enrolled her in the Educated Youth Affairs Office and chose the coldest place and the closest time. By the time the family received the notice, it was too late to put it into operation, so Wang Qing had no choice but to go to the countryside. Her father felt sorry for her, so he gave her a lot of money, tickets and things, and also said that he would mail her things every month. She ate a big pot of rice in the educated youth home and thought it was pig food, so they separated, but I don't know how to cook, so I want to find a partner to cook with.

At this time, Chen Zhaodi came out and said that she would cook with Wang Qing from now on. Chen Zhaodi's family favors boys over girls, as you can tell by looking at her name.

The reason why she came to the countryside was because she didn't have enough to eat at home. When she got older, her mother wanted to find some money to marry her off.

Chen Zhaodi didn't want to, but couldn't resist, so she thought of going to the countryside. She signed up secretly, and even played the pity card with the Educated Youth Office, saying that she would not survive if her family found out... In the end, the Educated Youth Office agreed not to tell her family. She also stole her things, and her family didn't know about it until she was on the train. So she can only work hard on her own here.

Although partnering with Wang Qing requires more work, it is much better than she is now if it leaks out from the gaps between Wang Qing's fingers.

Xie Yun listened to these gossips with great interest. She even took out melon seeds and ate them with the captain's wife.

The next morning, the brigade captain's wife came with her, along with Aunt Yang from the village, and brought two bags. The captain's wife introduced her: "Xie Yatou, this is your Aunt Yang. Her Weiguo family is getting married. These two bags contain pine nuts and hazelnuts."

Xie Yun said quickly: "Hello, Aunt Yang, come in quickly. It's cold outside." As she said this, she asked people to come inside and sit down.

"Thank you very much, Xie Zhiqing. If it weren't for you, we wouldn't know what we would have done." Aunt Yang said gratefully after entering the room.

Xie Yun smiled and said: "Aunt Yang is so polite. I just have it." Then she poured two glasses of water and put them on the Kang table. "Aunts, drink water." After saying this, he went to the drawer and took out 3 feet of cloth tickets and 5 industrial coupons and gave them to Aunt Yang. Aunt Yang said thank you again, and the three of them sat and chatted for a while before leaving.

A few days later, Xie Yun went to the black market again. She put on makeup and found Brother Qiang to make another sale. This time I also sold some apples and meat, earning more than 20,000 yuan. The rules are still the same as last time. Food is still limited to 2 yuan per catty, and there is no limit on other things.

During this period, three more people came to exchange tickets, and she also wanted hazelnuts and pine nuts. She wanted to save them in the space and eat them later. Xie Yun now just eats and drinks every day, or reads books or watches TV series, and has a good rest when she has nothing to do. The small life is leisurely and leisurely.

The situation at the Educated Youth Institute was very chaotic. When the brigade captain's wife came to the house, she told her that there was not enough food to eat and not enough firewood to burn, so there was always trouble. Fortunately, she was not together, otherwise she would be annoyed to death.

When the Chinese New Year was about to come, Xie Yun went to the county again and delivered another batch of goods to the black market. This time, she stopped coming after the delivery, so she gave more, and told Brother Qiang that she would see him again when he came. I walked away with more than 40,000 yuan.

After changing my clothes, I went to collect the subsidy. The ticket was about to expire. I went to the post office to mail some things to Uncle Wang's house. I got a big package and bought a basket of new year's goods. I won't do it after I get home this time. came out. It will have to wait ten years before we can come out again. If the snow falls too much, the mountains and roads will be closed.

When I got home, I packed up everything and prepared all the food I would use for the Chinese New Year. Then I could just take it out and fry it. The vegetables grown in wooden troughs are ripe and ready to eat. Xie Yun brought out a lot of seafood and made a seafood feast. After eating, all the seafood shells could only be recycled into the space first. If they were taken out It would be bad if someone discovered it.