Chapter 5 is here

The tractor was driving [just look at the entrance of the Educated Youth Institute]. The team leader was standing at the gate of the Educated Youth Institute. When the tractor stopped, the young man said, "[Educated Youth Institute is here, everyone, please come down." Everyone got up and got off the car to get their luggage. After everyone got down, the tractor started. Drive away. The captain frowned when he looked at these educated youths. It looked like they didn't look like they were capable of working, especially the cute little girl...

"Come in, everyone." The captain opened the door and walked in. As he walked, he shouted, "Is Han Zhiqing here?"

"Here you are." At this moment, a man in his early 20s came out of the room. He smiled when he saw the captain leading them. A 20-year-old woman with short hair also came out of the next room. The woman walked in front of the captain.

The captain said, "These are new educated youths. You can arrange a place for them to live."

Han Zhiqing said, "We can still sleep there if we squeeze in." The female Zhiqing said, "We, the brigade leader, can only fit two people in our room, but the remaining one cannot fit in."

The captain frowned again when he heard this. What should he do if he couldn't stay any longer.

When the short-haired girl heard this, she quickly said, "I live in an educated youth home." After saying that, she quickly took her luggage and walked into the house. The girl next to her also followed her in.

Xie Yun was left standing in the yard by herself. The captain looked very sad. Can such a little girl go out on her own and live with others?

At this time, Xie Yun asked the captain, "Captain, do we have an empty house in our team?"

"There are vacant houses, but can you live there by yourself? It's not safe." The captain thought that was not possible, so he might as well stay at someone else's house.

"Captain, I can live by myself. Can I see where the vacant house is?"

"There are two empty houses in the village. They are old people who used to live alone. They got sick and died in old age. Do you still want to look at it?" Sun Qian wanted to get a bargain, and the brigade wanted to sell some money, so it was empty.

"Captain, I'm not afraid. Just show me."

"Come with me, then." After the captain said that, he picked up two suitcases and walked in front. Xie Yun quickly followed behind. Along the way, we looked at the thatched houses on both sides of the road.

There was a brick house in the middle of the village. Not far from the brick house, we saw a thatched house. The house is not big and the yard is not big. The most important thing is that there are houses next to it. , then if she makes something to eat, she will be discovered.

"Does the captain have any other houses?" Xie Yun asked.

"There is another one at the end of the village. That one is too far away. You should stay in this one. This one is in the middle of the village. If you shout something, you can be heard nearby." The captain felt that it was safer to live here.

"Captain, can you show me that room and then I'll see which one I can live in?"

"Let's go then." The captain led Xie Yun to the end of the village.

The two of them walked for a while and saw that there was a large yard in front of them. The walls of the yard were about one and a half meters high. There were three rooms and a firewood shed next to them.

The captain opened the door and walked in. "This is it."

Xie Yun saw that the place here was quite large, with many rooms, but the walls were a little short. The house was a bit dilapidated, and it would have to be tidied up before people could live in it.

"Captain, I will live here. Is this house for sale or rent?"

"If you sell it, you get 80 yuan. If you rent it, you can pay 10 yuan a year." The captain thought that the house was empty, and it would be nice to increase the team's income.

"Captain, I will buy a house. Captain, I will give you the money now and you can give me a certificate. Can you help me find some people to help me repair the house? Otherwise, there will be no people to live in. The roof One piece is missing, can our team buy a tile? I want to replace it with a tile, and the wall needs to be higher." After Xie Yun finished speaking, the captain thought for a moment.

"The Wajihua brigade has some leftover bricks to give you. The walls need mud bricks. Most people have them at home and it costs 2 yuan a piece to buy them."

"Captain, I'm here. Can you help me find someone to repair it? I'll give it to you now for how much money it costs." Xie Yun thought that she would be safe if the wall was raised and the roof was replaced with tiles. It doesn't have to be replaced like a thatched roof.

"Okay, I'll find someone to do it for you in a while. I can finish it tonight if I find a few more. You can go to my house first, and then come back when you're done with it." The captain said, carrying the box again. Xie Yun quickly followed.

The captain's wife was at home, and she saw the captain leading a little girl in and looked at the captain in confusion.

"Old lady, this is a new arrival. The educated youth will stay at our house for a while." After saying that, he put down the box and went out.

"Auntie, I'm a new educated youth here. My name is Xie Yun." Xie Yun greeted the captain's wife with a sweet smile.

"Hey, you are such a handsome girl. Come and sit in the room." After saying that, he took Xie Yun's hand and walked into the room. He entered the room and asked Xie Yun to sit on the kang. He poured a glass of water for Xie Yun.Next to the lid of the box.

"Thank you, auntie. I just came here and I don't know anything. I have to ask auntie to teach me more." After saying that, Xie Yun took out a bag of cakes and a pound of brown sugar from her bag. Now brown sugar is a local thing, especially country sugar. It's not easy to get tickets, but it's very difficult to go to someone's house to get brown sugar as a gift.

"Hey, look what you are doing with these. Take them back and eat them yourself." The captain's wife quickly pushed them back.

"Aunt, just take it. I don't know anything here and I have a lot of troubles for you. If you don't accept it, I won't bother you." Xie Yun said and pushed it over.

The captain's wife did not push it back. She looked at Xie Yun and said, "If you don't understand anything, just ask my aunt, and she will teach you."

"Thank you in advance, auntie. I just came here and I can't live in the educated youth area. I had no choice but to buy a house with my teammates. I want to add some furniture and other things. I don't know where to buy them, so I just want to ask auntie. Where can I buy it?" Xie Yun said with a smile.

"You kid, can you live by yourself? Why don't you find someone to live with?"

"No, auntie, I can live by myself."

"Then if you have anything to do in the future, come see Auntie. Auntie will take you to Yang Laoshi's house." After saying that, Auntie put the things in the cabinet and went out to the ground.

" Xie Yun quickly stood up and followed him out of the house.

After leaving the courtyard, we headed towards the village. When we were about 200 meters away, we saw a courtyard with a few thick logs placed there. The captain's wife opened the door and entered the yard. As she entered, she shouted, "Is Mr. Yang at home?"

"Here you are!" a man shouted from the room, and then a middle-aged man came out of the room.

"Yang Laoshi, this is a new educated youth named Xie Yun. Xie educated youth wants to buy some furniture from you." The captain's wife introduced him.

You can buy furniture here with money, because this is the brigade. When Carpenter Yang makes furniture at home, it is also for the workers. If anyone buys the money, it will be given to the brigade. If there is no work, the carpenter will go to the fields to earn money.