Extra 6: Marriage

"Take some time to tidy up. I'll be giving Yun Yatou the marriage decree soon."

"Marriage decree!"

At this time, the Duke's wife was really surprised. She had originally thought of marrying Xie Yun to her nephew, but why did the Duke favor Xie Yun so much that it would not be her nephew who would get the marriage by then.

She never thought that she would be given a marriage before she had made any arrangements. Why was it so sudden?

The Duke's wife wanted to ask the Duke what was going on, but a servant came over to report that the Duke had arrived and was waiting in the front hall.

The Duke's wife didn't ask any more questions, and quickly sorted things out and went out with the Duke of Zhen to receive the order.

Here, Xie Yun returned to the house and did not let Hong Ju and the others remove her makeup, because she knew that she would have to go out to receive the order in a while.

When the maids heard that the young lady was not interested in them, they all went away. Only Hong Lan served Xie Yun tea, and then brought the account book to Xie Yun to see.

Xie Yun was reading the account books and drinking tea. As soon as she finished reading one, she heard a message from the maid saying that she was asked to go out to receive the order.

Xie Yun tidied up and went out. When she came to the front hall, she saw that everyone was here. It was Jin Fu himself who came to deliver the order.

After waiting for a while, the old lady and the people from each room also arrived. Seeing that the girls from the third room and the first room were all dressed up so grandly, Xie Yun felt that her clothes stood out a little.

When Jin Fu saw that everyone had arrived and the servants had set up the incense table, he took out the edict and read it out.

Everyone in the Duke's Mansion knelt down to receive the edict, and Jin Fu opened the Minghuang imperial edict.

"By God's blessing, the emperor issued an edict: I heard that Xie Yun, the daughter of Duke Xie Zhenting, is skillful, generous, gentle and honest, and has outstanding appearance. The Queen Mother and I are very pleased to hear about it. Today, the emperor's thirteenth son, , has passed the weak crown and is suitable for marriage. It is time to choose a virtuous woman and a match. It is worthy of Xie Yun to be in the boudoir. She is a perfect match for the emperor's thirteenth son. In order to become a beautiful woman, you Xie Yun will be betrothed to the emperor's thirteenth son as a princess. The ceremony will be handed over to the Ministry of Rites and the Queen. Tian Jian and Jian Zheng are cooperating to make arrangements and choose a good time to get married.

The announcement was made at home and abroad, and the envoys heard about it.

"I admire this"

"My lord, I thank you for your kindness. Long live my emperor."

Xie Yun raised her hands above her head, Jin Fu put the imperial edict in Xie Yun's hand, and then everyone stood up.

There were some young eunuchs behind, holding trays covered with red cloth, and Jin Fu motioned for them to come forward

"Miss Xie, these are the rewards given to Miss Xie by the Emperor and the Queen Mother. Please keep them all, Miss Xie."

Xie Yun thanked the Emperor and the Queen Mother again, and then the Duke invited Jin Fu into the room to drink tea, but Jin Fu did not go in.

"My lord, I won't drink this tea anymore. Our family has to go back and report back to the emperor."

"Then I won't keep Eunuch Jinfu here. Eunuch Jinfu will take this little thing to drink a bowl of tea."

Jin Fu didn't refuse. After all, this was a happy event. Besides, he squeezed it and couldn't feel the weight. It seemed that there were banknotes inside. Jin Fu happily led the people away.

After the people in the palace left, the Duke of Guo looked at his daughter and felt that his cabbage had really been taken over by a pig.

Xie Yun also bowed to the old lady and the Duke's wife, and the Duke asked her to take her things back to the courtyard.

The remaining people in the Duke's mansion were of all shapes and sizes. The eldest family only had a daughter. The eldest family felt that it would be unlucky for Xie Yun to marry Prince Jing. After all, Prince Jing would be a widow after he fell ill.

Only the Duke's wife felt it was a pity. If she married her nephew, she would at least bring a lot of benefits to her nephew.

The Duke of Guo knew what was going on, but he felt uncomfortable when he thought that his daughter would be born into someone else's family, so his whole face was dark.

When others saw that the Duke's face was so dark, they thought that the Duke was also worried that Xie Yun would be a widow in the past, but could not resist the decree, so his face was so dark.

The men in the first and third bedrooms thought Xie Yun was unlucky, but the women didn't think so. They had looks of ridicule (even the eldest daughter looked down on the marriage, and felt that Xie Yun would be a widow if she left), and eyes of envy (if she didn't accept it). A concubine who is pampered and has no money is just envious. Although she is a widow, as a princess at least she has enough to eat and drink, she can do whatever she wants, and she still has a lot of money in her hand).

There are also two pitiful eyes, (these are the eyes of a favored concubine. They are also concubines. Usually they envy Xie Yun for being pampered by the Duke of the country. Now they are going to be widowed. It's so pitiful

Xie Yunyi ignored their looks, said something to the Duke's wife and the old lady, and then led the people back to their own yard with the reward.

Seeing the reward behind Xie Yun, everyone showed envy at the same time.

There are actually quite a lot of them. I have never seen so many rewards received by others.

It was really not easy for Qin Minghao to find a wife. Because Xie Yun could continue Qin Minghao's bloodline in the future, both the emperor and the queen mother liked her.

So this time there was a reward, and it was much richer than others