Tanjiro Kamado| Human

I didn't think too much about the voices I heard while I was coming upstairs after checking on the demon that Tamayo and Yushiro brought in. He was newly formed and had bitten in his wife. It was lucky they found them when they did or else it could've been a massacre in Asakusa.

Tamayo was treating the wife upstairs. She didn't suffer any life threatening injuries so she'll be able to make a full recovery. I frowned as I thought about that. The wife might make a recovery from her injuries but she'll never be able to get over her husband turning into a demon. That's something that no one is ever able to get over.

"Don't ask a woman her age, you lout!" I heard Yushiro yell and I ran up the stairs to see him punching someone.

"Yushiro! Hands off him!" I ran although most people can't keep up with my running so it looks more like I'm teleporting. I grabbed Yushiro's hand and jerked it behind his back, forcing him to the floor. I glanced up at the boy that Yushiro had punched, "I'm so sorry about my brother. Please forgive him."

The boy's dark red eyes were wide as he rubbed his throat and my eyes widened as I stared at him. There was a burn mark covering part of his forehead and his dark, burgundy hair swooped above his forehead. He wasn't afraid to hide his burn mark.

"Yushiro! If you punch him again, I won't forgive you!" Tamayo was about as mad as she could get and I let Yushiro up who sat properly.

"All right!" Yushiro would do anything for Tamayo. I would too but for a different reason. I was grateful to her for sparing my life and giving me a reason to continue living without feeling shame. Yushiro was in love with her.

The boy coughed as he continued to rub his throat. "I thought you said Yushiro was the only one who you successfully turned into a demon?" He looked between all three of us and that's when I realized he was human.

"He is. Sazae was a demon before I met her. She has basically adopted Yushiro as her brother and that's how she refers to him. They are in no way related."

I held my hand out to the boy, "I'm Sazae. I view Tamayo like an adopted mother and Yushiro as my little brother since he acts so childish sometimes. I sincerely hope you don't kill me, demon slayer." I gave him a smile, hoping he could tell I was joking.

"Of course not." He glanced at Yushiro, "I'm afraid if I lay a hand on you that Yushiro will kill me."

I laughed before hearing clanging downstairs. "Excuse me, I must go check on the new demon."

It didn't take long with the demon. I was to keep him sedated until Tamayo could talk to him. When I went back upstairs, they were talking about demon blood.

"To do so, we need to study lots of demon blood. I want to ask two things of you. One, I want to examine your sister's blood. Two, I want you to get a sample from a demon with a high concentration of Kibutsuji's blood."

I flinched as Tamayo mentioned Muzan Kibutsuji. She had altered my body, just as she had done to hers so we could talk freely about Kibutsuji. But even so, I was afraid to talk about him. I was afraid he could still hear me, could still find me wherever I was. That he could control me to do whatever he pleases.

I tried to tune them out. I didn't want to know what they were doing. I didn't want to hear anymore about Muzan Kibutsuji. I wanted to live the rest of my life in peace, helping Tamayo and Yushiro cure humans.

I joined the boy's little sister, laying her head in my lap as she laid in the floor, kicking her legs up in the air. She closed her eyes as I ran my hands through her hair. She was demon, basically a baby demon, I could tell by her smell. She hadn't ate anyone. She was pure.