Brian Johnson| Saturday Detention

I sighed as I followed my brother into the school on a Saturday morning. It wasn't unusual to see us at school on a Saturday. It was better then being home.

I glanced around as we walked in, trailing in my brother's shadow. There was more people than usual and I was surprised by almost every single one except for one. None of them seemed to belong in here.

I frowned as I saw Claire Standish and Andrew Clark sitting together. Neither one of them should be in here. They didn't look too happy to be here either.

I held my hand out, about to get my brother's attention so we could make fun of them when I saw another person who didn't seem to belong. He seemed to shrink inside his green sweater as he sat alone. I couldn't think of his name but I knew I've seen him before.

My brother took his seat behind Claire and Andrew and I was about to follow him before I decided to switch gears and I went to the boy in the green sweater. My brother had just made him switch seats.

He jumped as I sat in the chair next to him, glancing over at me and I gave him a smile which caused him to quickly turn around. I tried not to laugh. It seemed he flustered easy which would make it easy to make fun of him.

"Well, well. Here we are." The principal walked in. "I wanna congratulate you for being on time." I rolled my eyes as Vernon went on about the essay he wanted us to write about who we think we are.

"Got it, Bender?"

My brother glanced up at him, "Crystal."

I could never take Vernon seriously. Nothing he ever said could register in my head. I tried to keep myself from giggling.

"Say, braces, what're you doing here?" I glanced at the blond boy who seemed too awkward to do anything to land him in detention.

"I, uh, I don't wanna talk about it." His blue eyes glanced around before landing on the blank sheet in front of him. The back of his neck started to turn red and I wanted to giggle.

"That's fine. Whatever it is, I'm sure it can't be that bad. You don't look like you could harm a fly." I tried to keep my voice down to avoid bringing Vernon back in here.

"Ha." The boy awkwardly laughed.

My brother did everything in his power to make Claire and Andrew upset and it worked very well. I wanted to stay out of it. I had no reason to talk to them so I didn't.

"Hey braces," I nudged the boy, "wake me up if Vernon comes in."

I crawled underneath the table, using the boy's jacket and scarf as a pillow as I laid at his feet. It seemed to be prime nap time.
~
"Joanna! Joanna Bender! If you don't get up right now then you got yourself another Saturday detention."

I groaned as I heard Vernon's voice and felt someone nudge me.

"What? What do you want?" I slowly got up from underneath the table where Vernon was staring at me.

"Two Saturday's worth of detention. Just like John."

"Oh goody. Can I go back to sleep now?" I had to refrain from rolling my eyes.

"No. I just gave your brother two month's worth of detention. Do you want that too?"

"Sure, why not." I shrugged, "It's not like I have anything better to do, Dick." I glanced at the boy next to me who was staring at me with wide eyes.

"Two months!" Vernon turned around, the library door slamming shut behind him.

"Fuck you!" My brother yelled and I laughed before going back underneath the table.
~
"Please, you're every parents wet dream."