The Dwarven Kingdom

Rimuru POV

We weren't even able to reach the gates and we are already quickly singled out by humans.

Ah, I was hoping for this to not happen... I'm no longer 'Elysia', so just asking them to stop wouldn't work. I don't want to hurt anyone, though! Such a difficult choice for me! And all I wanted was to be cute for once!

"Gobta-chan. You remember the third ground rule, right?"

"Yes, ma'am! 'Don't attack the humans unless necessary'!" Gobta salutes

"Good! Now please turn away and cover your ears."

"You sure? Well, if you say so, you're in charge!"

The little goblin then shuts his ears tight and turns his back to us, crouching down just in case.

"Hey! What gives you wimpy little monsters the right to ignore us?!" The skinny human scoffs

"Might you be talking about me?" 

"Of course I'm talking to you! A slime's the wimpiest of the wimp monsters! And you usually can't even talk!" 

"Hm... I don't know. Maybe I'm not even a slime." I teased

"Then what the hell else would you be?!"

"This thing thinks it's funny... Apparently, it's not gonna get the big picture unless it feels some pain first... Isn't that right, slime?" The other human mocks as he starts drawing his sword

Aw... So it really has to come down to this...

"Maybe if you could not assume that I am a slime, it could help." I warned a little

"If you're something else, you're running out of time to prove it to us!" 

As he yelled this, he and his companion charged toward me. Without a choice, I execute the second plan. I used <Mimic> to turn myself into a Tempest Star Wolf to intimidate them.

I hope this will be enough to chase them away. I'm not even sure if I can hold back its power.

"How do you like my true form?"

"Haha! You can't fool us! You're still just a wimpy slime underneath!"

"Hey, help us out! Five should be enough!"

It's not working! They called even more comrades instead!

After calling for their other comrades, they started firing magic attacks at me. It doesn't hurt at all, though...

"Excuse me..."

But my voice continued to be drowned out by their attacks and I sighed deeply before breathing in a little.

"Hi! If you would please stop for a bit!"

Before I knew it, I had yelled a little too loudly with <Intimidation> activated. This effectively and unexpectedly scared them to the point of fainting.

Uh oh...

<Announcing results of <<Intimidation>>. Turned and fled: 16 total. Sent into panic: 68 total. Knocked unconscious: 92 total. Soiled pants:>>

Um, Great Sage-san... I don't really need that report... Thanks, though.

"Hey, what's going on over there?!"

Uh oh, it's the guards! Change back, hurry!

I quickly changed back into my slime form and tried to laugh the incident off while the guards stared at me incredulously.